Completing your 80% lower with a CNC Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Video
smile.gif

Not for 31 minutes though. Our old school machinist finished an 80% manually on a Bridgeport, the younger guys programmed a 4-axis. The EBRs they built all shoot fine.

Can you legally own one in your fine state?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

As many as we want, though neutered with bullet buttons or other means to make the magazine removal require a "tool", and the muzzle device must be a brake and not a flash suppressor.

Last edited:

They're banning everything in this stupid state. I'm surprised they let us have kitchen knives.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

They're banning everything in this stupid state. I'm surprised they let us have kitchen knives.

I'm sure one of our fine politicians is working on that as we speak.

The old school guy has a nephew who was working at Ares Armor at Oceanside when the ATF raided a while back. Ares was doing build parties with the 80%s that ATF didn't like. Nephew escaped (California) and is here now.

So you can have an un-serialled, unregistered "assault rifle" there? That's a surprise.

So you can have an un-serialled, unregistered "assault rifle" there? That's a surprise.

Yes. For now. I retract the flash suppressor comment from my post above. It's been a while since I looked at the flowchart. Feast your eyes on this: Calguns Flowchart

Last edited:
That flowchart is reason enough to leave the state. Then you have cost of living, earthquakes, etc

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Jim is that flow chart accurate since the "assault weapon ban" expired? I'm looking to get out of CA now that I retired, can't wait to get to a firearm friendly state.

The "assault weapon ban" was Federal, and unrelated to the stricter CA laws. I'm looking at Arizona, Nevada, and Utah currently. It's going to be a long 16 years before I can get serious about leaving.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
Originally Posted By: another Todd
Jim is that flow chart accurate since the "assault weapon ban" expired? I'm looking to get out of CA now that I retired, can't wait to get to a firearm friendly state.

The "assault weapon ban" was Federal, and unrelated to the stricter CA laws. I'm looking at Arizona, Nevada, and Utah currently. It's going to be a long 16 years before I can get serious about leaving.
If you have some good friends or family that live in a free state you should buy a little stuff and keep it with them. For sure buy a decent quantity of regular capacity mags while they're super cheap. The odds of legally buying 20+ round mags in 10-20 years anywhere in the US is low. If you already have some you'll probably be OK. Also grab the parts to de-neuter your AR and keep with mags.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
That flowchart is reason enough to leave the state. Then you have cost of living, earthquakes, etc

Don't forget 2 zillion Mexicans.....

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
It's going to be a long 16 years before I can get serious about leaving.

Guns will be non existent in that state by then.

Not true....the criminals and black market will be just fine...........liberals keep letting them all out of jail.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Don't forget 2 zillion Mexicans.....

Unfortunately we here in Arizona, and throughout the southern border have that issue to contend with as well. Hopefully Trump will get elected, and a wall will be the works.

Here in Az we're gearing up for Bloomturd and his ilk. He's vowed to do Az like he did Washington state last election.
The majority of voters are really easy to fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back