Brother passed away this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss. This country needs a lot more treatment capacity for people like your brother. It's a disease, chronic condition. Sobriety is for those who want it not for those who need it.

Sorry to hear!
frown.gif

My condolences.

Condolences from the "other upper corner" of the country.

After your grieving (and yes, yes, it may never end and all that) clean up, save some mementoes, rearrange the furniture and move on. You all have to go forward not mire in the past (blaming any party or feeling guilty about what could've been done etc.)

I say this because I've seen it done right and very wrong rather recently. Kira

Many of us have family members who are troubled like your brother was. Please do not spend one minute feeling guilty or remorseful for the things you may have done to help him. When the users decide to continue their self-abuse rather than seek or accept help, that's the bed they make for themselves.

'the turbid ebb and flow/Of human misery' It's been almost six decades since I heard this line from 'Dover Beach', and I have never forgotten the discussion it generated in an English Lit course.You are not alone and others reading this know what you and your family are going through. Regards

I know from personal experience how hard it is to quit an addiction. Take solace in the fact that you did everything you could, but you cannot help someone with an addiction until they are ready to be helped.

Last edited:
I send my condolences & I'll say a prayer for you & your family, wishing you the best. I lost my brother Jan. 25, 2015 so I know just what it's like. My brother was also an addict. He accidentally shot himself, didn't know the gun was loaded I suppose. I miss him a ton & think about him 24/7 but I think God taking his life may have been for the best. He had struggled with addiction for 6 or 7 years & I don't know if he'd have ever been able to kick it. Addiction is a disease & most can't get over it. It's not as easy as just up & quitting one day & never doing it again but people don't understand that.

I've rambled enough though, wishing you the best from the other side of the country & God bless. -

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I am going to assume that his estate is worthless.
I'll assume it is not. As a sober person who is descendant of people who are, or rather WERE self destructive, and also as person who married into a family of addicts, I know how it sucks to bear witness. May your strength help carry those you love.

ZZYZZX, Prince and Mike Jackson and Elvis spent a lot on bad habits, yet managed to leave sizable estates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back