Signature Limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the signature field in my profile, it states that I am limited to 150 characters and yet I see some signatures that are nearly twice that. Not that I want a novel for a signature, but are there different limits on signatures?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Every character counts, so all those periods are taking up real estate.
True, but I am still under 150 characters. I saw one signature that was at least 250 unless it is not a signature per se and is just text at the bottom of the post.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
True, but I am still under 150 characters. I saw one signature that was at least 250 unless it is not a signature per se and is just text at the bottom of the post.

Link?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Link?
Check out Tony10s' signature; it comes up as 227 characters without spaces. As I said, perhaps it is not a signature, but is just text at the bottom of the post, but it has the tale-tell "line" above it and when you quote his posts, I do not see that it is not a profile signature.

Check out Tony10s' signature; it comes up as 227 characters without spaces. As I said, perhaps it is not a signature,

Yeah, that's not a signature.

You can easily tell because when you quote one of his posts, the text shows up as quoted text. If it were a signature, it would not be quoted.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Check out Tony10s' signature; it comes up as 227 characters without spaces. As I said, perhaps it is not a signature,

Yeah, that's not a signature.

You can easily tell because when you quote one of his posts, the text shows up as quoted text. If it were a signature, it would not be quoted.
Thanks Pete; that clarifies it.

Thanks Pete; that clarifies it.

No problem.

Another way to tell is by going into "My Stuff" --> "Edit Preferences" and setting the "Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts?" to "No." After you do that, all the 'true' signatures will disappear from view while all the others will continue to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back