cooper cs3 after rebate =145$ for 4

or
Continental ControlContact Tour AS

320-160=160$ for 4.

or
Yokohama AVID Ascend
353.20$-60-60-100= 133.20$ for 4 tires.

Shipping is free. Possibly no tax.

"Friend" buys a near-luxury car for the bling then can't afford $50 walmart tires, and wants you to stick your neck out, liability-wise.

Nope. Wash your hands. Let him drive on the cords and find another sucker to get him out of this self-imposed jam. Maybe he'd be better off in a saturn or something.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
"Friend" buys a near-luxury car for the bling then can't afford $50 walmart tires, and wants you to stick your neck out, liability-wise.

Nope. Wash your hands. Let him drive on the cords and find another sucker to get him out of this self-imposed jam. Maybe he'd be better off in a saturn or something.

I'm inclined to agree, although it is a 1999 Nissan--perhaps it wasn't that expensive. But it sure does sound a bit like that.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Big question is, does the car have ABS?

It does. But an even bigger question: is it still working?
smile.gif

If the owner can't afford proper tires, then what else on this vehicle is in dire need of repair?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

I'm often amazed at how judgmental folks on here. Listen everyone she's a young single mom the father is useless. And she works 50-60 hours a week to get by but with day care and everything she is stretched thin. She never asked me to help I wanted to help. And why because the thought of a one year old baby riding in a car like that makes me feel very unpleasant and it's our jobs as humans and Christians to help people. So I want to help her. That being said I don't have the exact size she needs but if the 195-65-15 could help get her by for a little while that would be great. It would help her out . The car is a beater she bought it for 1,000 dollars so it's not like she went out searching for a luxury car. So once again let's not assume stuff like that and instead stay on the correct topic please .

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Big question is, does the car have ABS?

It does. But an even bigger question: is it still working?
smile.gif

If the owner can't afford proper tires, then what else on this vehicle is in dire need of repair?

I wouldn't hesitate to pull the fuse on ABS if it required expensive repairs on the Focus. The CRV is surprisingly neutral, even loose, so it needs the stability control to lock up the outside front when things get too sideways...

Originally Posted By: ram_man

I'm often amazed at how judgmental folks on here. Listen everyone she's a young single mom the father is useless. And she works 50-60 hours a week to get by but with day care and everything she is stretched thin.

Fair enough; my apologies.

I'd be concerned with getting sucked in and past your comfort zone (will she come back to you when the other tires are worn?).

I'm often amazed at how judgmental folks on here. Listen everyone she's a young single mom the father is useless. And she works 50-60 hours a week to get by but with day care and everything she is stretched thin. She never asked me to help I wanted to help. And why because the thought of a one year old baby riding in a car like that makes me feel very unpleasant and it's our jobs as humans and Christians to help people. So I want to help her. That being said I don't have the exact size she needs but if the 195-65-15 could help get her by for a little while that would be great. It would help her out . The car is a beater she bought it for 1,000 dollars so it's not like she went out searching for a luxury car. So once again let's not assume stuff like that and instead stay on the correct topic please .

You don't owe anyone an explanation. Offer a logical reason, sure, but not an explanation to validate what you're doing.

What if I did 195/65/15 I have 2 of those I went and checked with a friend he ha some i can buy from him cheap would that be better than the 60's my guess is yes ?

195/65/15 would be better than 195/60/15 in this case, yes.

But if you're going to spend money buying 195/65/15, then why not just buy 205/65/15 which is the correct size for this application? I'm sure there are junkyards around that will sell them to you cheap.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What if I did 195/65/15 I have 2 of those I went and checked with a friend he ha some i can buy from him cheap would that be better than the 60's my guess is yes ?

195/65/15 would be better than 195/60/15 in this case, yes.

But if you're going to spend money buying 195/65/15, then why not just buy 205/65/15 which is the correct size for this application? I'm sure there are junkyards around that will sell them to you cheap.

I think ram_man means he has two tires size 195/65-15 and can buy another 2 tires of the same size 195/65-15 from a friend for cheap.

Yes, 205/65-15 is best and 195/65-15 is better than 195/60-15 for this Infiniti I30.

How much would the 195/65's be?

Most used tire shops seem to charge $30-40. Walmart has brand new 205/65 tires for $49.

I'm not my friend used to work at a tire store and is getting rid of tires he has a bunch. But already got rid of the 205's all he has left is the 195/60 and 65's .
That's why I was getting them. Honestly I planned on having them out on and then in 2 months tops helping her get new tires. I'm not worried about my comfort zone she doesn't expect it I want to help her because I care about her well being .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back