Toyota Red long Life vs Pink Super Long Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read mixed reviews of whether these 2 coolants are fully compatible. Reason I ask is, I'm getting the timing belt and water pump done on my Corolla this week and the tech that's doing it said he has the Pink Super Long Life in stock but not the older Red. I don't really want to fuss with doing a super duper coolant flush procedure to get the pink out and refill with red. Will the 2 mix OK, or should I flush it? The car has only used the older red formula it's entire life.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RusskiBoSS
Pink fluid makes water pump seals leak. Many toyota shops switch even newer cars to the older Red toyota fluid. I did too in all my toyotas.

Source?

Pink fluid makes water pump seals leak. Many toyota shops switch even newer cars to the older Red toyota fluid. I did too in all my toyotas.

THAT is exactly what I have read on Toyota Nation and why I'm hesitant to use the pink stuff.

I used Zerex Coolant for Asian vehicle. So far no issues.

I know that is not the question but a good alternative for the one sold at Toyota.

Originally Posted By: nobb

Source?

Google "toyota super long life coolant leaks" and start reading. Camry, Rav4, Tacoma, Sienna, and every other model.

My '04 Tundra was delivered new with the pink stuff. 167,000 miles and the water pump isn't leaking.

Replaced the timing belt at 90,000 miles, and drained & replaced the coolant then. But the pink stuff went back in.

Originally Posted By: nobb

Source?

Google "toyota super long life coolant leaks" and start reading. Camry, Rav4, Tacoma, Sienna, and every other model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back