Streaks left after using leather seat wipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too crazy with detailing but I do like to make sure my leather seats are wiped down with some sort of conditioning wipes.

I've been using Mequires leather seat wipes and certain parts of the seats always have a still wet shine to them that just looks lousy. It eventually goes away but this has happened with other brands too.

Am I using too much? The first wipe down will always carry the most moisture so that's where it usually shows the most. Just wondering what you guys use or do for these applications.

I've had the same thing happen with wipes. I prefer a decent spray conditioner and a microfiber cloth, which does the trick.

I always use a good spray leather conditioner and paper towels. I've never had leftover streaks before. I spray the seat really good,then make sure I wipe it all down throughly and evenly immediately.

And of course make sure your seats are good and clean before you condition.

I have been using Meguiars leather wipes for years with no streaking, i use two wipes per seat and the seats finish up with a nice satiny finish, my routine is to go over the seats twice with the same wipes turning the wipes over frequently
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: jigen
Thanks for the replies! For a cleaner, anything in particular?

I like the Meguiar's stuff, just the spray, rather than the wipes. I can tell myself it's more cost effective.
wink.gif
I don't like the paste stuff. Well, I do like it, a lot, but it gets trapped in the perforations until the residue dries and crumbles away.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: jigen
Thanks for the replies! For a cleaner, anything in particular?

I like the Meguiar's stuff, just the spray, rather than the wipes. I can tell myself it's more cost effective.
wink.gif
I don't like the paste stuff. Well, I do like it, a lot, but it gets trapped in the perforations until the residue dries and crumbles away.

If you apply the product to your towel or applicator, rub the product into the applicator before applying. This will prevent any issues with the product being stuck in the perforations. And if you experience streaking, you can always wipe down the surface with a damp microfiber towel.

That would probably work, too. But, the spray does a fine job, as well. I do have some paste to use up, so I'll tweak my method as per your suggestion as see what happens. Streaking was never a problem, however, so I'm not worried about that part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back