Coffee - Your Current Brew

Originally Posted By: Garak
I saw the Lavazza brand advertised up here recently in a flyer for the first time. I'm not sure I've actually seen it in a store yet.

Down here, only the specialty stores and/or upscale stores sell it. You won't find it in most regular grocery stores.

I just found the ad again. SuperStore, a large grocery chain up here, has a promotion on it, for my points card. They're big enough to be able to stock weird stuff. They used to actually have a nice oil selection and good pricing, but that's another matter. I may have to check it out tonight.

I think you like fine grind even if you use drip coffee maker, you should get a little stronger taste with fine grind espresso than regular grind coffee for the same amount.

Most Lavazza espresso on Amazon is very reasonable, at around $4-5 a bag of 8 oz.

I just found the ad again. SuperStore, a large grocery chain up here, has a promotion on it, for my points card. They're big enough to be able to stock weird stuff. They used to actually have a nice oil selection and good pricing, but that's another matter. I may have to check it out tonight.

You will find Lavazza at Costco, No Frills, RCSS, Sobeys and even Walmart.

Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
Tried some Maxwell House today. Only a small amount of sugar. Tasted pretty good.

I do like some sugar in it, for taste.

Regular (original) Maxwell House ground?......... Yuck!

For the same price you could buy Folgers Gourmet Supreme, Black Silk or Breakfast Blend....... all much better tasting.

ORG maxswill house is better than their "master blend"

I usually call it something that rhymes with "bass-turd blend"

I prefer my coffee with cinnamon - and there's an ongoing debate in my home as to whether it's added before brewing, or after.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
Tried some Maxwell House today. Only a small amount of sugar. Tasted pretty good.

I do like some sugar in it, for taste.

Regular (original) Maxwell House ground?......... Yuck!

For the same price you could buy Folgers Gourmet Supreme, Black Silk or Breakfast Blend....... all much better tasting.

I tried to like it. I'm still an iced coffee fool.

It was just suggested I try Tim Horton's...

Originally Posted By: GSCJR

You will find Lavazza at Costco, No Frills, RCSS, Sobeys and even Walmart.

Lavazza is at Bed Bath and Beyond.
I'm currently drinking Eight O' Clock, on sale here local in STL at Schnucks.
I had a bag of Gevalia recently. Best coffee I have had in some time. Reminded me of the the rich, smooth, bitterless coffee served long ago at Tavern on the Green in NYC.

Originally Posted By: 3for3
Got an espresso machine now, tried Lavazza espresso first time.

IMG_4409_zpsvrspi8d5.jpg

It had been 2 months since you had this espresso machine, how do you like espresso compares with normal coffee ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
3for3 said:
It had been 2 months since you had this espresso machine, how do you like espresso compares with normal coffee ?

This machine makes a great espresso. I like to have an espresso a few times a week, and I make white chocolate mocha drinks with a double shot of espresso five times a week for my wife, which is her favorite.

I use the Lavazza, and World Market Amalfi Coast Espresso beans depending on what I feel like having that moment. I like the Amalfi beans a little more for their fruitier flavor.

But, I prefer Kenya AA, or Tanzanian Peaberry coffee from my french press for my daily coffee fix.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3for3
This machine makes a great espresso. I like to have an espresso a few times a week, and I make white chocolate mocha drinks with a double shot of espresso five times a week for my wife, which is her favorite.

I use the Lavazza, and World Market Amalfi Coast Espresso beans depending on what I feel like having that moment. I like the Amalfi beans a little more for their fruitier flavor.

But, I prefer Kenya AA, or Tanzanian Peaberry coffee from my french press for my daily coffee fix.

With a good machine you can make a drink exactly the way you want with the bean you like and when you want it without driving to a coffee shop. Also, it is much cheaper therefore the machine paid for itself within few months.

Chock Full of Nuts is only $4 a can here. Maxwell house is maybe $4.39 or so. I don't care for red can Folgers.

Back