the worst oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when is first saw the title to this thread, i thought it was about what was the worst oil change that you have done on you own car.

mine would definitely have to be wolfs head oil that wasn't diesel rated (but mistakenly said it was) which i put in my 240D, along with a Wix oil filter (napa gold) which had a gasket that did not fit properly on top of the the oil filter canister, and started leaking oil as soon as i would crank the engine. needless to say that Oil and filter combo didn't last more than 24 hours in my 240D.

I know thread necromancy is usually frowned upon but this guy keeps the material coming so I will continue to bump this thread with comedy gold.

I believe the larger tires can cause the CVT fluid to over heat and possibly cause the transmission to whine.

This is the description of the above video... He goes on to say, in the video, that the wider tires simply didn't feel right. He knows how the Scion IQ is supposed to feel. He also removes the rear sway bar because it's making too much noise.

In an earlier video he strongly advocates changing transmission fluid as soon as you get a new vehicle home....

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Amazingly this hack must be so much smarter than Toyota's engineers.

He seems to be a lot weaker too. Breaker bars frequently needed to remove drain plugs on new cars??? This guy is unbelievable. [censored] materials used by manufacture, bad engineering, bad assembly practices and not to forget, all done to a 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition. I repeat, a "S" edition!!
I would hate to be the Service writer at his dealership!

This guy doing an oil change on his Dacia 1300
He flushes the engine with Diesel and runs it for a while...
And then puts some never heard-of brand of 20w40 that is rated SD/CB, when he pours the oil in it definetly doesn't look like a 20w, i have poured 20w oils into engines maaany times and it has always been thicker than that , summer or winter, that oils looks much more like a 10w when he pours it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akdbpfr-UJ0

Originally Posted By: Piston_slap
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Amazingly this hack must be so much smarter than Toyota's engineers.

He seems to be a lot weaker too. Breaker bars frequently needed to remove drain plugs on new cars??? This guy is unbelievable. [censored] materials used by manufacture, bad engineering, bad assembly practices and not to forget, all done to a 2016 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition. I repeat, a "S" edition!!
I would hate to be the Service writer at his dealership!

I have to say, Man Mountain Mike installed the drain plug at the factory on my 2012 Subaru Outback. I am not small nor weak, but I had to use a 18" breaker bar to get that plug loose, the first time. I actually checked the threads for Locktite.

Why anyone would over torque drain plugs at the factory is unclear, to me.

The 0W-20 oil flows thru the engine to where it needs to be much better than 5W-20. I trust the engineers on the oil weight recommendation. It's "flow flow flow..."!

Originally Posted By: CrackyWainwright
What's really disturbing to me is that when I look at his expensive concrete driveway and brick house, I see that he is more successful in life than I am -- and he's loony!

If only financial success depended on performing the most thorough oil changes, using the best oil/filter combos, and performing changes at the exact optimum time determined by UOAs...

We would be kings.

I frankly think that the whole video was a spoof! I loved it. The man is a genius. Just look at the response the clip has had!.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back