How Much Olive Oil Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay

No dice Al not fishing I'm using more coconut oil at least 1 TBL per day for my health.

Suit yourself. And I don't disagree with your food philosophy.

Cut the rest of the junk, keep saturated fat well below 10% and you are within "recommended" guidelines. I chose to do better than "recommended" with saturated fat.

Well saturated fats are not the same today as in the Paleo diet or what Weston Price forum recommends.

Need to remember Paleo was wild and what the animals ate. They were low in fat. For example wild pigs here that feed on wild mountain apples, roots, fruits and veggie are very low in fat. Excellent quality meat. Compare it to commercial raise or even free range is not the same. What the pigs eat in the wild can not be beat. But I'll take a free range over the commercial stuff.

So I'd be looking at saturated fats and kind of suspect what the Weston Price says about saturated fat I don't believe everything they state as in the Paleo Diet. But it's a guideline you need to interpret. I wouldn't go overboard on saturated chicken fat or animal fat for example and says it's energy and it's not unhealthy. Wild animals that survives has a much lower saturated fat content, Paleo man may had needed that extra energy as they were hunters and burned it off because of their lifestyle. To compare wild and commercial saturated fats is no laughing matter don't. One need to interpret his/her lifestyle on saturated fats. Your body does need some to keep things in order. There is no utopia a little bad makes good too much things go out of balance.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Don't know where in OH you are, but the local Krogier locations also stocked in huge amounts of this Spanish olive oil during the Taste of Spain promo.
This product will inevitably get clearanced pretty cheaply.
We use probably 5-6 liters of olive oil each year.
I have probably about that quantity stashed.

On Friday I saw that my Kroger had lowered the price to $2 a bottle (originally $10)...and they still had about 30 cases left. I had also downloaded an e-coupon for it, so my 2nd bottle ended up being free.

About 1 bottle every 2 months. I use it for everything short of baking. I use Santorini which is a Greek olive oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back