Opinions on goodyear Viva 3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting new tires soon on a 2006 Sienna. Anyone have run the Goodyear Viva tires? I know some like the RT43's. Just wanted your opinions on your recommendations on this van. Tires need to be quiet and smooth with good wet and dry traction. What's your thoughts. Thanks in advance

The Viva 3 is a made for Walmart Goodyear tire. They look similar to the Goodyear Integrity. It wouldn't surprise me if they were both made at the same factory.

Like somebody said, they are just an average tire, nothing to write home about. If you are looking for a budget minded 'bread and butter' tire, I'm sure they'll do fine.

The Viva 3 has a lot of good reviews at walmart.com

Have a co worker with them...look pretty decent to me. For the right price, I am sure they will do fine...

They are fine for normal vehicle use, like commuting or daily driving. Nothing special. They are fine in dry, below average on wet. I would say average on road noise

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
They are fine for normal vehicle use, like commuting or daily driving. Nothing special. They are fine in dry, below average on wet. I would say average on road noise

What objective evidence is there to say that? Did TR rest them?

Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer
Putting new tires soon on a 2006 Sienna. Anyone have run the Goodyear Viva tires? I know some like the RT43's. Just wanted your opinions on your recommendations on this van. Tires need to be quiet and smooth with good wet and dry traction. What's your thoughts. Thanks in advance

Google-search each brand/model for various reviews. That's what I do. I will also check-out the Discount Tire website and review 2-3 of theirs. That's where I usually purchase my tires. Service and repair/replacement values are top-notch there.

One tire store I will never enter again is Belle Tire. A bunch of bozos are employed there.

Last edited:
I had one. Despite its within-tolerance date code the bead rubber was getting disintegrate-y. Left bits of itself on the rim, let itself get chipped and cracked, etc. Seems like it wasn't made with tons of (or even an adequate amount of) expensive preservatives.

I'd still stick them on in a pinch if the price were right. Better options are out there, though.

OK I assume everyone is referring to the Viva2 or Viva3. I thought maybe ones liked the RT43 better, I don't know. I have ran two sets of the Viva2 on a 02' Prius. Sam's I noticed has a great deal on the Pirelli P4. They're suppose to be good for 90,000mi. Any thoughts?

Another option is the Cooper CS5 which is also rated for 90,000mi. Any experience with them? Like I said before; I would like them to ride quiet but have good traction in wet and dry conditions and be pretty fair for an all seasons including winter within reason. Ha ha

I'd pass on the Viva3. (My daughter was forced to buy Viva3's these b/c of two, yes two blow-outs while on a trip. One from road debris, the other from low tire pressure and perhaps age of spare.) The RT43 is a superb tire. Just ordered some Yokohama Ascend's for my daughter's CRV from DTD. ($200 back in rebates.) If snow traction is a concern, I've heard the RT43 are very good for an all-season tire. (Have the RT's on my Previa van but don't drive in the snow w/this car.) Buy something besides the GY's, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back