I think I found it this time. 2014 Caprice PPV 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what... just got back from taking one of the Impalas to the dealership for work (airbag). Taking one of the Fords in tomorrow. Fun times.

My ride back (co-worker who knows me well) would not hang around while I toyed with some of the vehicles on the lot. Oh well.

Well I called the dealer. I will be going to pick it up tomorrow at around 230. It will chirp third...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Well I called the dealer. I will be going to pick it up tomorrow at around 230. It will chirp third...
smile.gif

Very nice! It would've been funny to see your kids reaction if you brought the car home with the barrier installed.

Just got it home....I am in love. Solid car! Awesome brakes. Makes all the correct noises. Optioned just enough to be comfortable pics to following in a separate thread.

Just got it home....I am in love. Solid car! Awesome brakes. Makes all the correct noises. Optioned just enough to be comfortable pics to following in a separate thread.

please please please please, don't lock the kiddies in the back.....
and if in trouble you need your wig on....
:p

don't worry, will let you enjoy it over the weekend and expect updates on monday

many moons/springs/years of enjoyable use

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
I know why they have not sold this version... but that will have to wait.

Now, why it has not sold to a local agency: this is not the "real" version (aka the pursuit model). They make two types (and I am not talking about the V6 version) and I am willing to bet this is not the pursuit version or a local agency would have snagged it already. The pursuits have the tweaked throttle, transmissions and sometimes suspensions. The non-pursuit vehicles have the same "numbers" on the spec sheet mechanicals but are not outfitted for the chase. Looking at the brakes (those pursuit vehicles have monster kits on them), I am nearly 100% certain this is more of a "admins" or "college campus" vehicle that does the low-speed work. The good thing is that it would be more reliable but the pursuit vehicles will outrun it. Also, do not expect most of the reputable shops that do work on these vehicles to upgrade the components (like the brakes) to the pursuit kit. You normally have to have the fleet account for that. Then again, aftermarket big-brake kits are better for about the same price.

The Zeta platform Caprice is not available in the American market in any other form but as a full pursuit rated police package. Other than the choice of the 3.6L V6 or 6.0L V6, all US market Zeta Caprices are mechanically the same.

As a new vehicle, GM specifically prohibits the sale of the Caprice to retail (aka civilian) clients.

As an aside, for what it's worth, the specific tuning of a Police package car ('K'-spec in our parlance), is completely different from the a normal car ('B'-spec). I recently bought a 2016 Mazda CX-9 (love the thing) w/ the 3.7 engine. My usual work vehicle is a late-model Panther, but I use the new 3.5 Interceptors (so-to-speak). There is NO WAY that my 3.7 could ever hope to stay even in the rear view mirror of an Interceptor when flat-out. Nope. Not happening. Sacrilege but a 4.6 Panther can't hang w/ it neither...

But seeing as I can't get a PPV or an old LT1 Caprice, I'll stick w/ our last Panther.

John.

PS: Enjoy your new wheels. Sounds great to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back