PRO-GAUGE Oil Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I can get a good deal on some, so have to ask are they any good? Or should I just go with PUROLATOR for cheap?
Looking at some in the PH43 size. And I never buy Fram.

Small block dodge that is used very low miles. oil changed by age not miles as miles are so few when done. Oil looks new when swapped out.
And same as but used daily driver

Originally Posted By: 340six
Looks like I can get a good deal on some, so have to ask are they any good? Or should I just go with PUROLATOR for cheap?

If you buy Purolator, better get the NEW line of their oil filters ... NOT the old stuff unless you like a good chance of having torn media.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

If you buy Purolator, better get the NEW line of their oil filters ... NOT the old stuff unless you like a good chance of having torn media.

I am more than confident the Puro Classic will do just as well as a "Pro Gauge" Jobber filter...

It's funny you will consider buying essentially no-name filters with scant information about them, but won't buy one from a huge manufacturer that runs on millions of vehicles.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

It's funny you will consider buying essentially no-name filters with scant information about them, but won't buy one from a huge manufacturer that runs on millions of vehicles.

That is what I am saying.
[IF there is a (doubtful) engine failure that is related to an oil filter, I'd rather fight with a big name company that has been around for years (Purolator) versus a small, no name company, that in theory could pack up their stuff, and rename their company to avoid compensation (PRO GAUGE)

The cheapest "no name" I have used were either STP (autozone) or LuberFiner (Purchased from DODGE Dealer) and both are still more recognizable than ProGauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back