Got it home! Meet Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that there's a boot (trunk) release on both sides - Holden's only have it on the driver's side (passenger side to you - I'm confused already!). The front seats are trimmed in the same material that the Commodore Evoke gets. Rubber floors are a bonus with kids! Looks weird to Australian eyes to see a pov-pack Caprice, they're the flagship of Holden's range!

The dual trunk release is a police option.
LOVE the rubber floors and vinyl back seat. Easy clean up.

Originally Posted By: hpb
Put some Holden badges on it Mike, just like all the Commodore drivers here put Chev bow ties on theirs...That'll confuse a few of the locals
smile.gif

I am seriously considering it. Might look less like a police car, plus I really like the Holden stuff!

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: hpb
Put some Holden badges on it Mike, just like all the Commodore drivers here put Chev bow ties on theirs...That'll confuse a few of the locals
smile.gif

I am seriously considering it. Might look less like a police car, plus I really like the Holden stuff!

If you REALLY want to confuse everyone, throw some Vauxhall badges on it!!
lol.gif

Congrats, so jealous!

So, now that you have the Caprice, you won't be needing the T/A anymore, I will take if off your hands.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Congrats, so jealous!

So, now that you have the Caprice, you won't be needing the T/A anymore, I will take if off your hands.
I agree, I'll take it off your hands if 04SE isn't interested, I'll even come pick it up LOL.

I will tell you I love the Trans Am, but the Caprice is a better overall car. Much tighter, huge brakes that stop it awesome and for heavy car it gets around corners pretty dang good!

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Looks very nice. I have never driven one without a bunch of equipment weighing it down and computers sliding around, and gun rack's rattling.

Bet it is quite fun. I would put the steelies on right away.

I will assume you are a Police Officer. First off thank you.
Second you sound like the State Trooper I spoke to.
He was excited that I could get the weight out it.
smile.gif

I am not sure about the steelies. I get people slowing down and acting stupid already with aftermarket rims and temp tags.

No sir, IT for a police department and Fire Department. We setup all the gadgets for the officers and keep everything spinning.

Very jealous, that's a sharp looking ride!

One thing that I immediately thought was the trunk looks like the last generation Impala with that chrome stripe across it. I hope for your sake that they did something about the chrome strip being sharp and cutting into the paint and causing it to rust. My mum has an 06 Impala and it has a nasty vertical rust stain in the middle of the trunk lid starting under the chrome stripe. Just about every Impala in the generation has some level of rust coming from the stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back