Can this tire be repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting and entertaining thread and opinions to read, I hope the OP comes back and let's us know what he does/did.

Really though, if the OP lives anywhere near a DT store he's got zero to lose by checking if the puncture is in an RMA repairable area and using their procedure. It's free and done right.

And while one might not agree with CapriRacer on the use of diy rope/string type plug, there's little to no doubt the tire removal, RMA plug/patch type repair is a more reliable and durable than a string/rope type repair. Not to mention meeting a reputable standard for repair.

I did give OP my opinion on the string/rope repair based on my anecdotal experience, which has been good. But, I recognize and appreciate CP's thoughts on their use. My .02

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Those look like my BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2's.

Maybe that's because that IS a Comp 2.
wink.gif

Hi folks.. I had it repaired for free at Discount Tire. They unmounted it and inspected it, and said it's OK for repair. Took 45 minutes, in and out

I do have a plug kit but considering these are nearly new tires, I might as well do it the right way

Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Hi folks.. I had it repaired for free at Discount Tire. They unmounted it and inspected it, and said it's OK for repair. Took 45 minutes, in and out

I do have a plug kit but considering these are nearly new tires, I might as well do it the right way

Glad it was in a repairable area and you could get it done right.

I understand the age of the tire consideration, but frankly if DT/AT store not too far and it's practicable, no reason at any age not to get it done right imo.

Also glad you followed up. Some unfortunately don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back