Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Makes the best oatmeal I have ever had. I'm 70. I bought the organic for a buck more. Its so good I didn't even want to try the non-organic. (I am not an organic freak)

That guy makes piles of stuff; I bought their 17 bean soup and crock pot'ed it up; After a few days, I could have hung wall paper with it; good stuff!

Costco sells it here and you are right--it is good. I have boycotted oatmeal for about 40 years (ate it too often as a kid), but this oatmeal is a bit of ok
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kira
Al, where'd you buy it?

We have a Giant Foods. Its in the health food section. It is well known.

You can probably find a store here:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/?gclid=COzguqTky8wCFckehgodFE8C4g

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
That guy makes piles of stuff; I bought their 17 bean soup and crock pot'ed it up; After a few days, I could have hung wall paper with it; good stuff!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I havent tried this yet but i will. I am hooked on their gluten free cornbread mix, its the best cornbread mix I have had.. a half of a bag makes a good sized skillet of cornbread..so at around $2 per batch it is great.

Bought a box of The Silver Palate Thick and Rough Oatmeal over the weekend (double toasted in Granola Ovens per the box) still havent gotten around to cooking it yet.

Haven't tried their Steel Cut Oats but will put it on the list since they have so many products to choose from. They have their products at Marc's for the members in northern Ohio. Used their Oat flour in some muffins....very good. Eight Grain pancake mix is also VERY GOOD. Not only for pancakes but used it to make blueberry muffins which were terrific. I look forward to trying some of their other items. The gluten free brownie mix looks interesting.

I like the high fiber Oat Bran, I sprinkle 3 tbs on top of my Cheerios
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
I like the high fiber Oat Bran, I sprinkle 3 tbs on top of my Cheerios
cheers3.gif

Good idea

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
How are the grits? I need some organic grits to go with my backyard eggs.

Judging by their multitude of other products I'm sure they're pretty good. There might even be a money back guarantee on the package. Haven't needed to make sure but thought I saw something along those lines.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: hatt
How are the grits? I need some organic grits to go with my backyard eggs.

Judging by their multitude of other products I'm sure they're pretty good. There might even be a money back guarantee on the package. Haven't needed to make sure but thought I saw something along those lines.
I saw they had grits/polenta. Technically those two can't exist together. I'm not so rigid. They're probably a lot better than the stuff we can get in stores. Prices didn't look too bad. Real deal grits are pretty spendy and unattainable.

yay,
yesterday we finally resolved the gluten-free bread mystery with a mix from Bob's Red mill.
before with various GF flours we got the hard as a brick stage.

Do you have to cook it?

I put rolled oats in my yogurt every day. I love oats, but don't like hot oatmeal that much (prefer them cold in milk, as granola, as rolled oats mixed in yogurt, or as cookies). I seem to recall that the cut oats really need to be cooked to be edible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back