Lets see the cars!!!!

The day I brought it home:

IMG_20151022_171602_zpsfba8prnk.jpg

IMG_20151022_171616_zpsacsqbzfh.jpg

IMG_20151022_171636_zpsvnoake3l.jpg

IMG_20151022_171655_zps7qunbfob.jpg

It has since gotten a full detail inside and out and is in the garage until I return home again. It took about 18 hours total to get the paint and interior where I wanted it, but it looks as good as it drives now!

I also finally got everything together for the differential, torsen, and transmission service, so that and it's next oil change under my care will be handled on the next trip home.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$12,000 in repairs within 20k miles? Yikes.

Yikes is right! That's a lot of wood.

k30t39.jpg

Here's the Jeep after the "new" wheels. The guy wanted $225 for all 5 with 15k on the Goodyear AT tires. No scraps, scratches, gashes, corrosion etc.

I ended up giving him $250 for making the deal work that evening despite me getting a hold of him around 2, him being about 1.5 hrs away from his house at the moment and having a large family cookout that evening. It even came with a tire cover (which I forgot) and he offered to ship it to me free.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
k30t39.jpg

Here's the Jeep after the "new" wheels. The guy wanted $225 for all 5 with 15k on the Goodyear AT tires. No scraps, scratches, gashes, corrosion etc.

I ended up giving him $250 for making the deal work that evening despite me getting a hold of him around 2, him being about 1.5 hrs away from his house at the moment and having a large family cookout that evening. It even came with a tire cover (which I forgot) and he offered to ship it to me free.

Looks great. Are those off a newer WK Grand Cherokee or Wrangler? I haven't seen a WJ with that style swapped on before.

The 1994 Ranger in its natural habitat...
ymvWcGd.jpg

7NsZp2x.jpg

No limited slip, but this thing just walks right through mud in 4 low with the mud tires. Notice it's all on the tires and not the side of the truck. My 2WD Ranger would still be back in the mud.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
k30t39.jpg

Looks great. Are those off a newer WK Grand Cherokee or Wrangler? I haven't seen a WJ with that style swapped on before.

These are from a 2007ish Wrangler.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
The new ride. It replaced the Grand Prix.
2014 Caprice 6.0 V8 6L80E 355 HP 384 FT/lbs of torque.
smile.gif

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

That is a slick ride! I wonder why they were tuned to produce so low numbers. That 6 liter is capable of producing way more than that with even a safe tune. Wasn't the GTO rated at 400?

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Picked up a new truck this evening: 2016 Colorado Z71
MgBeETMh.jpg

Those are selling like crazy out here in the Pacific Northwest. I love them. Nice looking truck!

MuzzleFlash,

I suspect the 6.0 is the LEO version. I thought all Caprices/SSes had the 6.2 H.O. With 400+ HP. So, it seems the engines will both bolt easily. The Caprice is no joke, rides good, has selectable 4A/6A and is apparently coming home to be made here n a year or two!

Cleaned the Expedition up last weekend. 152K and it still looks almost as good as when it first rolled off the lot in 2001. Spent all its life in the South, so only minor surface rust on the frame.

20160530_120945_zpsp5fwxkfe.jpg

20160530_121002_zpscotp0n6h.jpg

Still working on transferring the title to PA, what a mess that's been!

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
MuzzleFlash,

I suspect the 6.0 is the LEO version. I thought all Caprices/SSes had the 6.2 H.O. With 400+ HP. So, it seems the engines will both bolt easily. The Caprice is no joke, rides good, has selectable 4A/6A and is apparently coming home to be made here n a year or two!

It is indeed the 6.0 L77. Way detuned for police work. I have to have to tune to get torque management fully removed even with all the nanny stuff turned off. Still I love this car.

Back