2016 chevy malibu 1LT 4 day review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dealer loaned me a new body style 2016 chevy malibu 1LT while my 15 was getting a scratch fixed and to me i hated it.

Pro's: sleek, rear HVAC, tad bit better mpg, keyless entry, rear view camera standard, spare tire, rides smooth at 110mph, auto stop is smoother then my car, less plastic then previous generation.

Con's: SLOW, no get up and go, small seats, wont rev over 5k, 17's Hankook tires, have to look down to see dash and its very small. Sound system pitiful, 1.5L turbo motor. My link is [censored]. Cloth dash tht matches the seats. Steering is more stiff than my car. 13 gallon gas tank.

In all i wouldn't choose the new malibu unless u get the 2.0T and all the bells and whistles the car is not worth it 2 me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
The dealer loaned me a new body style 2016 chevy malibu 1LT while my 15 was getting a scratch fixed and to me i hated it.

Pro's: sleek, rear HVAC, tad bit better mpg, keyless entry, rear view camera standard, spare tire, rides smooth at 110mph, auto stop is smoother then my car, less plastic then previous generation.

Con's: SLOW, no get up and go, small seats, wont rev over 5k, 17's Hankook tires, have to look down to see dash and its very small. Sound system pitiful, 1.5L turbo motor. My link is [censored]. Cloth dash tht matches the seats. Steering is more stiff than my car. 13 gallon gas tank.

In all i wouldn't choose the new malibu unless u get the 2.0T and all the bells and whistles the car is not worth it 2 me.

I'm one of the few that prefers the looks of the previous generation like your 2015.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
110 miles per hour.... are you practicing for the Indy 500 ?

Yeah, your car has better interior and engine.

Not my car, wanted to see what it could do. I like mine much better.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
If you drive 110mph anywhere besides a track, you are a moron and a danger to society.
Get real

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
If you drive 110mph anywhere besides a track, you are a moron and a danger to society.
Get real

Yep, I was waiting for someone to flame the OP. Back on topic, I think the side profile of the new Malibu looks sleek and handsome, but the front end looks smooshed down to much and the rear is just meh. I'm also getting a little tired of the commercials showing the "prospective buyers" rambling on about how they think it looks like a BWM, Acura or other luxury car...get real people.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Seriously though, the fastest speed I ever averaged was a tick under 100 mph; I was driving my 1973 Bavaria across western PA one drizzly Sunday morning back in 1984.

+1

Or you live in Germany and are keeping pace with traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back