Smooth riding vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies so far!

Looks like we have a great list going.

Out of the vehicles mentioned, are there "good" years and "bad" years? What years should be avoided when searching?

One of these days I need to sit in a Panther, and see what the complaints are. Legroom, sitting, etc. Being on the short side for a guy I'm guessing those complaints don't apply to me--and while I've never liked the seats in my Toyota's I've never had a backache either, despite hours of seat time.

But man am I getting used to sitting up high in my truck.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Mercedes S class?
grin.gif

It has air suspension.

That would probably be pre-2007 to get it under 15k. 2007+ was the newer body style. Some older S class models had Active Body Control which involved lots of pumps and hoses, lots of problems keeping it running. The older E class series from 2003-2009 also had airmatic suspension, the E55, E500, E550 and some early E320 had airmatic as an option. Once you go into 2010, you're talking over 20K if you want one with airmatic. The regular luxury and sport suspension is also pretty smooth and quiet. You just have to stay away from the 2006 and early 2007 E350's as they had bad balance shafts and it was a major expense to get it fixed. You can even find some 2009's for under 15k. The 2008 and 2009 years were good. You see 2006 E350's for under $10k these days, but they're all bad unless they had the balance shaft replaced. Plus those also had the electronic brakes which were 1.5-2k to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back