X-Men apocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the movies yesterday as wife wanted to watch it.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but spent the whole trip home explaining a few things.
* It's not in the timeline of the X-Men movies that are seen to date (Age of Apocolypse was an alternate universe)
* It shows the proper origin of Wolverine in the Weapon X programme
* was about 6 hours too short (the comic series was epic and awesome)

Was a good watch, and I'll get the blu ray for sure.

Interesting black goo/Ormus utilisation too.

Hopefully it's a huge hit. I have all of the Age of Apocalypse comics in a box in my closet. Maybe they'll be worth more than the paper they're printed on then. Movie isn't suppose to be based on that but it is the biggest Apocalypse storyline they ever did.

I keep hearing that it's "ok". I won't be seeing it in the theater. Maybe when it's free on a streaming site. Not a fan of any of the X-Movies.

I want to see it. I saw Deadpool last week and liked it. I also want to see Captian America Civil War.

Originally Posted By: buster
I want to see it. I saw Deadpool last week and liked it. I also want to see Captian America Civil War.

Civil War is new favorite Marvel CBM. Plan on taking my son to see it later today.

I give Deadpool a "B," it was okay.

I also want to see Captian America Civil War.

Now that one is good! Good plot, good action, no boring parts.

Originally Posted By: Mantooth

Civil War is new favorite Marvel CBM. Plan on taking my son to see it later today.

I give Deadpool a "B," it was okay.

I agree on Captain America. I am a mark when it comes to Captain America Steve Rodgers along with Spider-Man. The other incarnations of Captain America I will not acknowledge. I like X-Men but Wolverine is my favorite of the group by far. Any story line with Apocalypse is golden in my book.

Deadpool can lye in comic purgatory IMO. I do understand his appeal though.

Dave1251, one of the worst days of my life (probably close to it actually) was the day that they announced that they were doing X-Man, and that Hugh Jackman was Wolverine.

Note at the time, that Hugh was only really known as the stage performaer.

I was fuming, that they should have left it in the box rather than do that.

Saw a couple of morning show interviews where he was building himself into the role and quickly changed my mind due to the dedication he showed to pulling it off.

They should have stuck more closely to the WeaponX super soldier story line in the Wolverine movie, but three hour movies weren't the rage back then.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Dave1251, one of the worst days of my life (probably close to it actually) was the day that they announced that they were doing X-Man, and that Hugh Jackman was Wolverine.

Note at the time, that Hugh was only really known as the stage performaer.

I was fuming, that they should have left it in the box rather than do that.

Saw a couple of morning show interviews where he was building himself into the role and quickly changed my mind due to the dedication he showed to pulling it off.

They should have stuck more closely to the WeaponX super soldier story line in the Wolverine movie, but three hour movies weren't the rage back then.

I have to admit I was not very knowledgeable of the Jackman casting but once he was on screen it was almost natural and the casting director hit this one on the head. He along with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen carried the first two movies IMO.

I was disappointed to see Chris Evans as Captain America because as Johnny Storm he was just awful then again I doubt he was given much to work with. Yet as Captain America I can not see anyone better for the role as Steve Rodgers at this time.

All in all Disney/Marvel have done a very good job casting certainly better than WB/DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back