2002 Honda Civic MTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing a little research and just trying to figure out what everybody is running in there 7th gen civic MT's? Was thinking either Honda MTF, ams oil synchromesh 5w30, redline mt90 or redline mtl

Thanks for the feed back, I just dug up a few different threads I didn't see before and have defiantly decided in the Honda mtf

I would use Honda MTF. I have actually used Honda MTF in almost everything: Triumphs, old VWs, you name it. It's an excellent oil.

I've liked Rotella T6 in my past civics. Wouldn't hesitate to use Redline, but the Honda fluid didn't seem to be as nice in the 5 speeds as the T6. I was going to try regular Rotella next time, but the T6 was still in there when I sold it.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
I have been using Amsoil Synchromesh. I think it's great.

^This. I loved Amsoil's product over Honda's by far in my old 92. Honda MTF was smoother initially but Amsoil's FMs didn't seem to wear out like the Honda fluid.

For the price try and find Honda mtf on Craigslist. If you want boutique stuff get redline or amsoil. Middle of the road would be synchromesh. Depending where you can find it cheap. I find using the Honda mtf and dumping at 15-30k miles is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back