Universal Averages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the right hand side of my [censored] oil report is a column with the heading UNIVERSAL AVERAGES. The Universal avg is often much different than the Unit avg. What defines the "Universal averages"? Ed

Unit means "this run."

Universal means "average of all prior runs."

So if it's your first test, there shouldn't be a universal unless they are quoting their database of similar oil/vehicles. Different labs will report nothing, or give a reference from their database.

On my Blackstone reports, the universal average is ALL other reports(other peoples' cars, same engine type) together averaged.

Unit average is the historical average for YOUR particular car only. All previous UOAs submitted by yourself for the particular car(unit) in question.

Originally Posted By: flatlander757
On my Blackstone reports, the universal average is ALL other reports(other peoples' cars, same engine type) together averaged.

Unit average is the historical average for YOUR particular car only. All previous UOAs submitted by yourself for the particular car(unit) in question.

This.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: flatlander757

This.

Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back