Got it home! Meet Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nice...so I missed the earlier thread (if there is one) what year and engine?

355 up 384 ft/lbs of torque L77...6.0 v8 6L80E
smile.gif
love this thing!

Front end is simple and nice finish. Much better than newer Lexus.

IMG_4053.jpg

Side is nice too, with low belt line and good size window.

IMG_4054.jpg

The rear end is too simple, probably because it doesn't have amber lens for turn signals ?

I don't know if removing the chrome bar across the trunk lid would improve the look of the rear ?

IMG_4057.jpg

A black car is very beautiful, but it is hard to keep it clean, you may have to wash it every week or at least once a month.

Very nice car !

How did you buy this? I wasn't aware that they were for sale to the general public.

I love the Chevy SS but it's overpriced by about 10 grand.

All the fun of a 5th Gen Camaro, but with a real back seat, windows you can actually see out of and reasonable insurance rates.

Most definitely a worthy successor to both the 9C1 and Caprice lineage.

So this is basically an Impala SS/ Pontiac G8 right?

Very nice sleeper indeed. Fast 4 doors are the way to go IMO.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Isn't the Impala front wheel drive? Yes, it's like a G8, but with a longer wheelbase. G8 is a Holden Commodore, this Caprice is, well, a Holden Caprice, which is the LWB "luxury" version of a Commodore... See the link I posted previously
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hpb

Isn't the Impala front wheel drive? Yes, it's like a G8, but with a longer wheelbase. G8 is a Holden Commodore, this Caprice is, well, a Holden Caprice, which is the LWB "luxury" version of a Commodore... See the link I posted previously
smile.gif

I saw the link, which raised the question why they even make the Caprice.

The Impala SS is Australian and identical to our previously made G8 and your Commodore and is RWD. Can't speak for our domestic Impala's though. (Not a fan.)

Looks like GM is still producing redundant vehicles.
27.gif

*It is a beautiful car regardless. I wouldn't mind owning either or.

Last edited:
I did just notice in the link how it advertises the trailer sway control. Can't say I have ever seen a sleeper with a hitch in the US, but looking back, when I was in Europe, I saw many many many passenger cars with hitches.

Yes, it seems you need a huge "truck" to tow anything in America... For what it's worth, Caprice is rated to tow 2100kg (4600 pounds).

All the cars on the Zeta platform are RWD. The Impala has been FWD only since the 2000 model.

The Impala SS name went away after 2009. You maybe thinking of the current Chevrolet SS: 2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back