iPod locked for 1000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two year old got a hold of our older iPod touch. It had a passcode and she kept clicking away and I think it expontially put a timeout between tries.

I tried Internet methods to restore it however no luck. I live 40 mins from nearest Apple Store. Would Apple even fix this for free given age? anyone run into this?

Have you tried connecting it to your PC/itunes?
pretty sure you can plug it into your PC and at least hard reset it. I know you can do this with a device you forgot the passcode for.

I just bought an older iPod touch. It had been cleaned out but still had someone's name in it when I plugged it to iTunes. I did a hard reset and then reloaded it with my music.

You need to plug it into a computer and "restore" it will remove all your stuff and basically return it to factory configuration, from there you can restore your last backup and get your stuff back.

I tried again after asking coworker (iOS developer) and successful! My 10 year old is elated to have Amazon music and Pandora.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I tried again after asking coworker (iOS developer) and successful! My 10 year old is elated to have Amazon music and Pandora.

Glory Be, now the world won't come to an end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back