Turbo diesel and electrostatic pain effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Is it possible that engine innards on turbodiesel with air to Air ,air cooler create a gigantic electrostatic gun effect and oven to cook . I ask because I ask because it is the only part the engine get caked with crud (intake engine head..only effect I know that can do this is electrostatic powder coating. Is it possible we got the same effect unknowingly?

If the intercooler is insulated by the pipes, and supports, I guess it could build a charge.

I never realised that hot oil flowing down a pipe could produce thousands of volts until investigating a varnish issue.

(not mine)

I can't speak for the case you mention .but big truck use the frame as a ground wire. Yep even the engine . So even grounded this happened?so basically static electricity take less time via liquid the via air touching a. Surface?.men if you are right it means the oil the radiator liquid is the ground .perfect electrodepositiom technology .but we don't want that !how do you prevent this?should I let a wire trail on the ground from the frame?

Last edited:
Found the issue . Aluminium is more conducting then steel . So yes .my engine is grounded but aluminium part offer a better ground potentiality then steel so it send grounding need to the head or other aluminium part since they are better ground. Now that I know the issue I just need to put a ground between the part in aluminium not grounded and the frame and problem should be solved .if tank are made of plastic you got to put wire grounding as close to plastic can as possible.ty men for the video .was a huge help

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/static_materials.htm#.Vz2td_kpCBY

Examples

As for what I try to correct ?in the intake and in the engine head airflow passage stuff get collected there !think of it as a TV collecting dust or when a powder coater is applying a powder that when they cook it it form paint. It's the same principle but in this case it's carbon particle)as for liner pitting ?the for info but it was determined it was what's in the coolant the issue. Since they created the new stuff never had liner issue .
But the air passage issue ?this got way worst since we went from steel or iron to aluminium .at least now I know why we had radiator issue back then .so you say anti static radiator liquid exist?nice I ll have you look it up we talk truck driving miles here wouldn't be noticeable on car

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back