Getting speed sensor out of knuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 2008 Hyundai Accent. The passenger side has the speed sensor rusted into the knuckle. Any tips other than let it soak? Plastic senor seems to be rusted in place.

Currently getting soaked in PB Blaster.

280561d1463604921-wheel-bearing-replacement-accent-speed-sensor.jpg

Let it soak as much as possible. Also use a wire brush to get some of the rust off the nut. I had one of those bolt heads snap off on a 98 Sienna. Had to drill it out a few months later when the sensor died.

If you need to get the knuckle off the car there is probably a wiring harness under the plastic of the wheel well that can be unclipped.

The bolt came right out. It's pictured upside down above. I'll hit it again with some spray and let it sit over night.

If the idea is to save and reuse the sensor, you are doing the right thing. If not, use a hammer and chisel, being careful not to damage knuckle.

Yes I would like to reuse it. 135k miles of rust may not let me. Planning on driving it out with a wooden dowel.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Yes I would like to reuse it. 135k miles of rust may not let me. Planning on driving it out with a wooden dowel.

I have had no problem soaking them then driving them out with a wooden drift like you suggested. Works every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back