Turtle Wax Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening,

I bought their rubbing compound (green tub, reddish paste in tub), tried it on my headlights and it removed the oxidation and cleaned up the lens, the tub was about $2.50. I've tried Meguiars, it improved the lens, but the TW made them clear again.

I guess here's one for the old-time TW. Go Turtle.

RevRider

I just used the Turtle wax wash n wax on a black Buick .When I met my wife for lunch she did not think it was our car.I used a bit more than the recommended dose.But the car has a nice sheen.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I have alot from them lately.

A few years ago I used a whole bottle up of the Platinum liquid was. I have gotten several bottles of their spray wax. I have some old Carnauba blend liquid wax. I got two liters of the rinseless wash when I saw it at the market (not waterless, as it requires a gallon or so of water). I also have tried the headlight renewal- this product is the only one that has failed me. It smoothed out the lenses but didn't make them clear.

I had the multi-step black car wax. I didn't like it, but it did well enough I guess.

I have the polishing compound. I have had the chrome polish so long the print is gone. The only ICE product I have is a can of paste wax from a few years ago.

The Zip car wash soap looks interesting and I may try it some day and I also wouldn't mind a can of the Super Hard Shell wax.

Turtle wax is my go to for paint. Armor All is my go to for details like tires, trim, and door jams and plastic rejuvanation. I recently decided to try zymol from Wal-Mart. I still love Turtle Wax, but I try other products that seem good and hopefully work well.

The Zymol at Wal Mart is made by Turtle Wax.

ilike their products- wax and dry is very good. i dont think their zip wax makes alot of suds and the tire wet is like water. Cheaper than meguiars

Never had any experience with some of their lesser products ("bad quality").

However, I use the green Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell and the coating does last... YMMV

I also strongly recommend their ICE products.

Their ICE Wash and Wax Car Soap is excellent, smells good too (it's pretty cheap on Amazon and sometimes you'll get lucky with a rebate from time to time).

I can't really speak for Turtle Wax throughout the years, but I've really enjoyed my time with their current product lineup.

I had an old bottle of ice laying around and I did the plastic mirrors, and exterior trim on my Jeep with it and was happy with the initial results. I'll see how it holds up to rain and a few washings.

Turtle Wax user here. Still good stuff for me. Once I use up the super hard shell I'll try the Ice products. It's a local hometown family owned company to me also so there's that benefit and I think it is more formulated for rust belt areas. The other local brand I would use is Nu Finish.

Back nearly 10 years ago I used nothing but Tuttle wax. Then I figured out there are much better products out there.

for some reason turtle products have never satisfied me. I used turtle wax ice detail spray, works OK. Still leaves a slight foggy layer after a wipe. Turtle paste wax always leaves a oily layer all over, which picks up dust within minutes. Granted it does last slightly longer than mothers wax. It doesn't smell as nice though.

Maguires is better IMO but I like Mothers the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back