Dodge Grand Caravans to continue for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to add a minivan to the fleet within the next 6 months-1 year. I will be putting approx 5000 miles per year and hope to keep the van for 7-10 years easily. I had been looking at the Odyssey but the cost difference is pretty huge between it and the DGC.

Any opinions?

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
I am looking to add a minivan to the fleet within the next 6 months-1 year. I will be putting approx 5000 miles per year and hope to keep the van for 7-10 years easily. I had been looking at the Odyssey but the cost difference is pretty huge between it and the DGC.

Any opinions?

I wouldn't be a worrywort, just get a DGC if buying new.

Any opinions?

Kia Sedona - looks good, has a 100k powertrain warranty.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Any opinions?

Those things for the "Sx" model are like $45,000.00..........

Glad to hear this, spare parts will be abundant and counter any reliability/value argument from the Honda snobs. We picked up a 2014 Caravan R/T this past saturday and love it.

Good to hear. Was surprised they were considering to stop the GC considering how well the things sell. The Pacifica may be a very nice vehicle but you won't be able to get one for GC money any time soon.

We grabbed the last new 2015 on the lot and were able to stack every possible rebate. The cost was something silly, $17,500 - $18,000. Exceeded my expectations too, the ride, interior, MPG, all good. The pentastar is a real treat too.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Any opinions?

According to Kia's website they go from $26,400 to $39,900. Not sure what kind of discounts or whatnot you can get but the warranty alone would make it worth the look.

Any opinions?

According to Kia's website they go from $26,400 to $39,900. Not sure what kind of discounts or whatnot you can get but the warranty alone would make it worth the look.

Don't know what prices you are looking at-but I was at the Kia dealer and those are the MSRP. A decent "Sx" will cost you $45,000.00.

According to Kia's website they go from $26,400 to $39,900. Not sure what kind of discounts or whatnot you can get but the warranty alone would make it worth the look. [/quote]

Don't know what prices you are looking at-but I was at the Kia dealer and those are the MSRP. A decent "Sx" will cost you $45,000.00. I would suggest a trip to the dealer when your looking for some entertainment. Kia is pricing these things like Sedonas or Odysseys.

Last edited:

Don't know what prices you are looking at-but I was at the Kia dealer and those are the MSRP. A decent "Sx" will cost you $45,000.00. I would suggest a trip to the dealer when your looking for some entertainment. Kia is pricing these things like Sedonas or Odysseys.

Could very well be a regional thing:
http://www.mccaffertykia.com/new/Kia/201...8486a64148f.htm
http://turnerkia.com/details/2016-Kia-Sedona-Harrisburg-PA/10477648?cid=2
http://turnerkia.com/details/2016-Kia-Sedona-Harrisburg-PA/12442376?cid=2

The LX are very plain. You have prices on the "EX". I was discussing the better equipped one the "Sx". With that being said-Utah is "mini-van land" due to larger families and they are not discounting here as much.

I am sure there is niche for this vehicle like commercial and folks who don't try anything else. This vehicle should be priced $15k-$25k otd.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I am sure there is niche for this vehicle like commercial and folks who don't try anything else. This vehicle should be priced $15k-$25k otd.

Rental car companies will buy them and fleets that need more room than a Transit Connect/NV200/City Express but don't want the Sienna/Odyssey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back