Opinions/ experiences on quietest oil company

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says I'm looking to see what everyone's opinions and real world experiences are as to what brand of oil seems to be the quietest overall? Particularly in the 20 to 30 weight range.

Chevron Delo 10W-30 LE or 15W-40 LE have always been my go-to oils for quieting a motor
smile.gif

For my vehicles, Quaker State Conventional and Synthetic quiet down the engines the most over all other oils. The lower perceived noise level lasts for the entire oil change interval. This is most apparent in my 2004 Toyota Tacoma with the 3.4 V6 engine.

Originally Posted By: xtell
For my vehicles, Quaker State Conventional and Synthetic quiet down the engines the most over all other oils. The lower perceived noise level lasts for the entire oil change interval. This is most apparent in my 2004 Toyota Tacoma with the 3.4 V6 engine.

thumbsup2.gif
Same for me as well

It's not an inexpensive, on the shelf at Wal mart, or NAPA oil, but with the Red Line oils, my engine has always run MUCH quieter and smoother, at least to MY senses. YMMV
wink.gif

I feel Chevron in general is highly over-looked here. I understand Chevron/ Havoline is a bit pricey and hard to find for some, but the Delo HDEO brews just don't seem to get the credit.

They are considerably cheaper than Mobil and Shell.

I've seen their gear oils mentioned here, but I have no idea where to buy it. Menard's is the only place I know that carries Shell. I've never seen a Mobil mineral gear oil before.

My S2000 engine is so noisy doesn't matter which brand and/or type(dino or syn), but some days it was fairly quiet and other days it was noisier than normal.

I'd say Citgo synthetic 10W-30.

And going from an OCI of QSUD 10W-30 to an OCI of Citgo synthetic 10W-30 is a WORLD of difference !

Originally Posted By: redbone3
I'd say Sinclair, haven't heard from them in a decade.

They are still around.

Supreme-Mootor-OIL-SC_10W30Qt_200px.png

Formula Shell 10W-30 (white bottle).
I bought a closeout of 6 cases so several friends got some.
Everyone said it was quiet oil.
This included:
A 4.6l V-8 '97 Ford, a 5.7l CSB '89 K1500, a Cub Cadet 22hp Kohler.

I detected no difference in my lawn mower.

I'd say good ol' Walmart oil. Never advertised, but always there when you need it at a good price and with reliable quality. It doesn't have any sex appeal, but will probably get the job done as good as anything.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I feel Chevron in general is highly over-looked here. I understand Chevron/ Havoline is a bit pricey and hard to find for some, but the Delo HDEO brews just don't seem to get the credit.

They are considerably cheaper than Mobil and Shell.

I've seen their gear oils mentioned here, but I have no idea where to buy it. Menard's is the only place I know that carries Shell. I've never seen a Mobil mineral gear oil before.

Unless you can get the Chevron/Havoline on sale. Was in Rural King the other day, Havoline DS was on sale for $1.99 a quart. Orielly's is having both the Havoline DS and DS PRO (synthetic) on sale as well. Advance Auto has the DS on the clearance rack by the door when I was in there last week.

I didn't see the mineral Mobil gear lube either, none of the auto stores around here carry it, then I walked into Grainger to pick up something for our dad, and they have it. Last year, I found it in our Bane-Welker Case IH dealer. They have it in 5 gallon pails too. They carry the Delvac Xtreme grease at $2.94 a tube. Bought some for our farm equipment. They also have Mobil 424 Tractor Fluid.
When I mentioned to the guy working there that I never thought to check their store for the Mobil lubes, being a Case IH dealer, he said that the Mobil lubes meet Case IH specs, and they carry it because not everyone wants to pay for the Case IH fluids.

The nearest RK is about an hour away (southern Fort Wayne) which makes the drive slightly undesirable to me. The Jeep holds 6 quarts too so it doesn't seem cost effective to pay full price for that 6th quart.

In this situation, PYB can't be beat.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back