Galaxy s5 battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My s5 kills the battery 3 times a day. Bought new from "Batterys plus", no change. Turned off all apps not needed and live screen. Still poor. I see there are batteries on ebay rated at 50,000mah but stock is 2800.What gives? In not "up" on this. Is the 50,000 a bigger capacity or just able to discharge /transfer at a higher rate. HELPS ME MR. WIZARD! I'm killing my Blue fUel backup supply daily.

Last edited:
Reset your phone and start from scratch. If you still have battery issues then get a quality one. Look for them in Amazon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Noobie
Reset your phone and start from scratch. If you still have battery issues then get a quality one. Look for them in Amazon.

Reset as in "wipe my phone?" no thanks. Followed that suggestion long ago and still trying to rebuild everything. Verizon sent out a 1.8 GIG update and since then, it seems to have battery issues.

You mention "get a quality one"? Battery or phone?

Wipe your phone, root, then install a clean OS. That Verizon tainted [censored] is your problem. Use Titanium Backup Pro so there is no "rebuilding."

S5 on Verizon here. Battery lasts all day, still at 40% by the time I plug in at night. I think you have software running in the background. GPS or location services on?

Check your battery stats and download a wakelock detector app to find out what consumes your battery. Facebook is usually a battery killer.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
S5 on Verizon here. Battery lasts all day, still at 40% by the time I plug in at night. I think you have software running in the background. GPS or location services on?

There has to be something running killing the battery. I know people with Galaxy 3,4,5 and the battery life is great on all of them. I have a Galaxy S4 and a few times I have forgot to plug it in for like 36 hours and it didn't come close to dieing

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I'm still on my factory battery on my S5. I charge it once a day.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Check your battery stats and download a wakelock detector app to find out what consumes your battery. Facebook is usually a battery killer.

exactly what I did. Also rooted so I could take out bloatware. worked like a charm
smile.gif

What is a wakelock program where can I get it? I was on my power chair down town and I forgot my backup battery and I was turning my phone off just to keep it enough to make an emergency phone call so my next project is to put a USB port on my scooter it's a handicap scooter so I can at least plug into stupid phone while I'm out and about. I went into it very early this morning about 6 o'clock probably and turned off in a ton of stuff but it basically made no difference at all I'll keep keep rooting around

By getting a quality one i meant getting a good battery based on reviews on Amazon. There are a couple of brands out there with good reputation, one of them is Anker.

Anyways, you can always backup all apps with Titanium Backup as someone suggested and then try a reset. If it still gives your battery problems then flash the device to an older firmware or a custom OS.

I have a Duracell from Battery's plus, second one actually. Not happy so far. I've turned off 20 some apps every morning only to have them all back on 2 hours later. How do I keep them off?
Thanks

Originally Posted By: Rand
What does the phone say is using the battery?

example

Screenshot_20160517-180726.jpg

Android system....18%
Screen....14%
Google app....13%
Facebook....5%
Android OS....4%
google play services....3%

And 3 more at 2%

My S5 is on AT&T. I have no Facebook or Yahoo software on it. I don't play games with it. I use it for calls, messaging, Gmail, weather, self contained dictionary, book reader, browsing Wikipedia and a few other sites, occasional video chats and Youtube, and Google Maps navigation on rare occasion. Bluetooth and wifi are always on but I turn off the GPS unless I need it.

I charge it once every two or three days, I can't stand a phone that won't get through a full day with power to spare. I try to protect it from heat in the summer.

I do not believe that fully discharging a lithium ion battery is good for it. That was true for the old nickel chemistries that had "memory" problems.

My post was rather useless, sorry about that. I should add that I also disabled all the useless AT&T apps that cannot be removed.

If I put games on it and let the kids play the battery won't even last half a day.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back