Nissan Sentra and Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.
See quite a few of them here compared to other places. Back home, the Sentra fulfill a niche that doesn't exist between the Versa and the Altima.

What's with the popularity here?

Dealers in California will finance anyone. If you're on welfare and/or disability you're qualified. It's replaced the VW as the national car of the ambassadors from south of the border. It's all part of the hat trick, welfare/disability, an anchor baby and a Nissan.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Dealers in California will finance anyone. If you're on welfare and/or disability you're qualified. It's replaced the VW as the national car of the ambassadors from south of the border. It's all part of the hat trick, welfare/disability, an anchor baby and a Nissan.

Errrrrr...ok.

LOL.

Ha Ha So much truth right here.

Sentras are a rare sight in Columbus, OH. I don't think they are bad cars. I'm guessing there is a higher percentage of Sentra owners that don't maintain their vehicle vs say Corolla owners, giving the Sentra an unfair reputation somewhat. I like that Nissan didn't make it bigger like the 2016 Civic. I wouldn't own a Sentra, but I have no qualms on them.

How dare you speak the truth!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Sentras are a rare sight in Columbus, OH. I don't think they are bad cars. I'm guessing there is a higher percentage of Sentra owners that don't maintain their vehicle vs say Corolla owners, giving the Sentra an unfair reputation somewhat. I like that Nissan didn't make it bigger like the 2016 Civic. I wouldn't own a Sentra, but I have no qualms on them.

2016 Civic 4-dr is now officially a mid-size car, according to EPA. Its total passenger and cargo volume is just above minimum of the mid-size class range from 110 cf to 119 cf.

You guys are no help. I had to figure it out by myself.

The Sentra offers unusually high gas mileage for its size. It has only a 130 HP engine, about the same HP to weight ratio as a Mitsubishi Mirage. Where gas is 50 cents more expensive than other places, that's an issue. I assume Nissan's aggressive discounting has something to do with it too. It might not be bad with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back