Anyone get a headache from coffee withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get a headache from coffee withdrawal ?

I need my 6AM coffee or the entire day I have a headache from having no caffeine in my system
frown.gif

I've been drinking coffee since I was a little kid
laugh.gif
My dad would always put some honey and milk in for me. I always loved sitting next to him drinking coffee with him.

Sure. Caffeine is no joke as far as drugs go. I've been so addicted that not getting my coffee would have me puking up in the afternoon.

robert

Pound alot of coffee in the morning and all day if I don't get it no I do not get a headache I never or rarely had a headache in my life. I do sympathize for people that do really see some suffer from them.

Yep, bad headache if I miss my coffee. Gotta have my 3 cups a day.

Yup...sure do. I don't have a regular schedule but I need my coffee at the start of my day regardless of time of day.

As CT8 said, it's pretty bad.

Caffeine withdrawal sucked out loud. However, it didn't take much to taper down. I went from drinking close to a gallon of sludge (as they called it at work) every day for about 3 years, to no coffee at all in less than a month. Now I drink coffee just for the taste of it.

After a few coffee withdrawals from the Fire Dept and the Army, I started thinking about it and decided I needed to give it up. Went decaf (Tea mostly, some Lattes being sociable) and never looked back - 40 years now.

If I drink a real caffeinated drink I get a killer buzz that is very unpleasant. Like being an ex-smoker (pipe) who can't be around second hand smoke now... Once you kick it, you have no tolerance for it at all
frown.gif

Ive long avoided drinking ANY coffee except a cup in social situations after a meal, for this very reason.

That said, Ive found that sometimes I get a morning headache - something related to the position I sleep in. Ive found that coffee plus aspirin helps - which is very common knowledge.

But last thing I need is to trade one headache for an addictive withdrawl headache.

I do enjoy an iced coffee (plan with cream and no sugar), but I make sure to not have any for a few days (in a row) out of a week - typically the days around the weekend, as we dont brew coffee at home anyway. This is specifically on purpose to ensure I never have any dependency to be able to focus or feel alert or awake.

I drink coffee in the am and sometimes at night. But after that first cup, if I don't get any more for the rest of the day, no problem.
Now quitting Diet Coke was a regular beach. I was so tied into DC that one fine day I realized I hadn't had a drink of water in months. I decided the DC had to go, and as the days went by I figured out there's something in DC that'll keep you drinking it.
I gave up all diet sodas and haven't been back since! Strangely, drinking coffee did nothing to kill the DC cravings, so I don't think caffeine is what's in DC that keeps you into it.

No Coffee, no Workee.

Must have my morning coffee; and I'm a snob. Used to do Gevalia, now I'm on Caribou blend. Travel a lot for work, and my morning stainless Stanley thermos has more miles on it than most people's cars. If I DON'T have my morning coffee, I am inhumane, and yes, my head will split.

Have 3 coffeemakers; one for the kitchen, one for the garage and one stays in my car for the road.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
yes. but a Coke, or Dew will normally take care of it.
Soft drinks are toxic.

Caffeine withdrawal is real, i have it. And many patients that are NPO for medical procedures will have a headache if the drink coffee regularly.

I drink my coffee black, about 3 cups a day, before noon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back