Idea for Bypass/prelube setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been thinking and researching about doing a bypass filter setup (like Frantz etc) and eventually add some sort of 12v electric pump to act as a preluber.

I am looking (and have had no luck) for a 4 port sandwich adapter (2 in and 2 out, both would be need to be post full-flow filter).

In the short term, I would like to use an in and out port for the bypass oil filter, while keeping the spare in/out port plugged until I can acquire the pump for the prelube system.

My question is, does such a sandwich adapter exist? I was looking at other posts about Pareto Point Top Dog V. I thought someone had made reference to them having a bunch of ports.

The purpose for this idea is that nothing I do would be permanent, so to speak. I.E., no tapping the oil pan or valve cover etc.

If no such adapter exists or there is no way to modify existing systems, any suggestions as to alternate setups that would accomplish bypass filtration and prelube would be great.

Thank you.

I believe the feed is usually a T-fitting off the oil pressure sensor port. You can return via the dipstick port. You need to have enough restriction in this line to limit your oil pressure loss. Solder it up, then use a very small drill bit.

Simplest prelube is just a valved surge chamber, pressurised by the oil pump. Before you turn off the car you close off the valve and then open it before starting. If its a solenoid valve this can be automated.

Note: I havn't actually DONE any of the above, just thought about it.

My $.02 worth:

I don't like the idea of sandwich adapters. The O-rings never get changed and are a large potential leak point. In order to feed my bypass filter, I removed the factory oil pressure sensor and replaced it with an npt nipple and a tee to then replace the sensor and add a feed.

I intend eventually to add a second bypass and a centrifuge, so I need 3 in and 3 out. I have spent many hours on Ebay and Amazon both and I have never seen such a critter. I purchased an extra oil pan from Ebay; I'm having it glass bead blasted and I plan to cut 2 holes in it ABOVE the oil level and weld two AN fittings for return lines. My third return is in the top of the valve cover in the traditional add oil location.

I know of no such adapter as you ask. I made a tee for 1 feed, and I am going to drill holes in my oil filter adapter and weld on 2 more feeds. I do not consider my modifications permanent, since I have a spare oil pan, spare oil filter adapter and valve covers. Good luck with your setup; here is a picture of my 1 bypass already added, the bypass is bolted directly to my radiator crossmember, the supply line is an 4 Parker brake hose rated for 500 psi and the return is Tygothane clear line C-210A rated for 200F, all the fittings are an 4. There really isn't any pressure on the return side:

As far as your prelube idea, there are commercial kits available: https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=2410

Last edited:
There was an individual on here who had a prelube bypass filter setup on his Honda S2000. He had awesome used oil analysis as he ran it out over 30000 miles. He had a few postings on the used oil analysis section with Amsoil 0w30 in the engine.

Yes, but he also had to top off with 5, 6 or more qt's in that time plus filters in between oil changes.
Thats a lot of makeup oil.

ROD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back