QS Enhanded Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I tried google searching this oil and came up with no VOA or pdf at all. Anyone know much about it and is it similar to Pennzoils "GOLD" synblend? Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: volk06
Pqia has a couple of VOA.

For the synthetic blend? I can't find it.

Very similar to Pennzoil Gold in fact.... Viscosity index of 168 for QSED to 169 for Pennzoil Gold, CCS of 4180 for QSED to 4130 for Pennzoil Gold at -30°C, Pour points for both are -45°C and 100°C viscosity is 11.0 to 11.3 for both. Both obviously are Dexos approved, API SN and ILSAC GF-5. Really hard to see much difference between the two Captain
smile.gif

I wonder if this is a "paper" oil or not. Some of my sources indicate that it was replaced by Defy and the same UPC numbers were used. Yet, I have seen a sheet (though not the product) and some retailers indicate it's available.

Bbhero: thanks for the info

Garak: it's still on shelves at my Wal Marts right next to SN DEFY so go figure LOL

No stats, but I use it. Only because it is the cheapest Dexos approved oil I can find. I could go on in typical BITOG fashion and say that my car loves it, and that it never burns any but I won't. I doubt it will cause any oil/engine related failure.

My local Walmart has it but since I needed 6 qt Pennzoil was cheaper so I went with it.

Quaker State Enhanced Durability
$16.97 per 5 qt jug
$5.17 per 1 qt bottle

Pennzoil Gold Synthetic Blend Dexos
$17.47 per 5 qt jug
$4.47 per 1 qt bottle

Originally Posted By: car51
Bbhero: thanks for the info

Garak: it's still on shelves at my Wal Marts right next to SN DEFY so go figure LOL

Same here.

Originally Posted By: Gene K
My local Walmart has it but since I needed 6 qt Pennzoil was cheaper so I went with it.

$16.97 per 5 qt jug
$5.17 per 1 qt bottle

$17.47 per 5 qt jug
$4.47 per 1 qt bottle

$.20 less for gold.

Wouldn't want to break the bank.

Buy the 5 quart QS and 1 quart Gold. Then you'd save $.70!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Justin251

$16.97 per 5 qt jug
$5.17 per 1 qt bottle

$17.47 per 5 qt jug
$4.47 per 1 qt bottle

$.20 less for gold.

I was about to say that.
Enhanced Durability is used at FF in some Hyundais and Kias.
As is QSGB
Source: Hyundai Customer Service

I should do a UOA after my 5K OCI is up.. Wonder how much this turbocharger kills oil

Originally Posted By: Justin251

$16.97 per 5 qt jug
$5.17 per 1 qt bottle

$17.47 per 5 qt jug
$4.47 per 1 qt bottle

$.20 less for gold.

I almost did. But couldnt quite make myself mix what could be two different products.
For what its worth I believe they are extremely closely related.
Supertech Synthetic was also slightly more expensive.

As you can tell Ive slowly come to the conclusion that the same approvals means functionally equivalent.

Pdf I see are not recent or 2016 so I'll go with MAGNATEC or the ole standby EDGE or QSGB

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: car51
Pdf I see are not recent or 2016 so I'll go with MAGNATEC or the ole standby EDGE or QSGB
|

QSGB and QSED are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back