M35A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been on vacation for a couple weeks, and had been staying at my Dad's house in Las Vegas. While I was there I got the opportunity to work on the neighbor's 1966 Keiser Jeep M35A2.
I immediately took it out that day and drove it. The shift pattern really threw me for a loop.
But I was looking at it after I got done with it, and the oil was overfull. By quite a bit!
I did some reading and found the Fuel Density Compensator like to leak fuel into the crankcase, so I bypassed it for him and changed the oil after he bought all the supplies.
Deuce.jpg

Then I drove it again.

Ive wanted one of these for awhile, and getting to drive it around was a treat! I literally drove it until I was just soaked in sweat. I had always been set on a A3 for the auto trans, but I really enjoyed this one, and I think, if I have get the chance to, I will look for an A2 also.

But anyways, I later read about how much it overfuels with the FDC bypassed so the next day I took some fuel out of the pump adjustment. I drove it again to Autozone and it wasnt as smoky as just after I bypassed it so a lot better for it.

I do too!!!! Me want!!!!

There is a guy fairly close to me that "bobs" these. He does a really good job, not a hack job. He's in Unionville, IN

There is a reason I haven't gone down there to "look around". I know I'll come home with one.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I do too!!!! Me want!!!!

There is a guy fairly close to me that "bobs" these. He does a really good job, not a hack job. He's in Unionville, IN

There is a reason I haven't gone down there to "look around". I know I'll come home with one.

Someone took a bobbed deuce on a trail ride 2 years ago. It got stuck on a trail and had to be winched sideways up a hill by a Jeep liberty with a 9,000 pound harbor freight winch.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

Someone took a bobbed deuce on a trail ride 2 years ago. It got stuck on a trail and had to be winched sideways up a hill by a Jeep liberty with a 9,000 pound harbor freight winch.

That's fine by me. I just want a fun truck to drive to work.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
The Unionville, IN guy has an Ebay page....look what I just found:

Military Bug Out

I'd be perfectly happy with a HET powered by Detroit! I believe the towing capacity should be good enough to tow my 3500 pound Jeep on an 1800 pound trailer. Not sure.

I personally don't like how the bobbed ones look, so, I would have to buy a non-molested one.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
5 speed with 5th. overdrive?

Yeah, it a little OD. I think its .81 or therabouts.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Very cool. Armstrong power steering I see.

Yup. I see a lot of complaints about it, but honestly I didnt think it was that bad once moving.\ even with my gamer nerd arms. I wouldn't take it downtown Seattle or SF or something stupid like that obviously though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back