Ford 2.3L Valve Cover Gasket Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of you familiar with this engine out there, I'm looking for recommendations on a valve cover gasket kit. The choices are:
- Fel-Pro $13
- Victor Reinz $13
- Ford $30

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I think this is the same kit for the 2.0L, 2.5L and the Mazda engines of the same sizes. I was surprised there wasn't a motorcraft replacement for this. I don't know who makes the Ford. My OEM VCG has about 140k miles on it. That seems decent but I'm not all that used to owning higher mileage cars.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fel-Prow would be my choice.....and has a good reputation for various gaskets.

Used a Fel-Pro on my 2.3 a few years back....and it did the job perfectly.

Fel-Pro is usually my first choice. If it's something cheap I'll use the VR or Magnum gasket which are cheaper than Fel-Pro usually.

I just changed the vc gasket on my 2.0L Zetec with a Fel-Pro and it fit perfectly and looked the same as the factory gasket. Ford wanted $37, AAP wanted $17 for the Fel-Pro and Rock Auto was $6 for the Fel-Pro at close out cost. I'm real happy with the fit and quality of the gasket.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Farmer
If it's something cheap I'll use the VR or Magnum gasket which are cheaper than Fel-Pro usually.

Victor Reinz is one of the best gaskets on the market, they are part of the Mahle group and have been an industry leader for almost 80 years.
No problems whatsoever using VR, Fel-Pro, OE, Elring, Cometic and a few others.

anyone know what the torque specs for this application are? I thought I say 6 ft.lbs somewhere.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
PM me your email and I can send you the FSM procedure with the tightening sequence. The pictures don't always load here that well.

Thanks for those guides. They were very helpful.

I ended up with the Fel-Pro gasket because I wanted to get something made in the USA. It ended up being made in China, ugh. Gaskets looked like good quality, though. Main one was bright blue and 3 little ones were black. I have no idea if they are working well or not. I'll check for seeps tonight.

Here are the pics from underneath the cover http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4097967/2007_Ford_Escape_2.3L_Under_Va

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back