Dynaplug vs Traditional Plugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently carry a portable tire repair kit in my vehicle along with a 12V compressor. Despite all the horror stories, I've always had good luck using these "beef jerky" type plugs (knock on wood). Once you get the tire hot enough, the RTV compound on the plug welds itself to the tire and it's pretty much set and forget.

I keep a smaller version of such a kit on my motorcycle for long rides. It's nice peace of mind to know that your trip won't be cut short because of a tire problem.

However, I have seen Dynaplug mentioned on a few forums as a superior option. I watched some of the promo videos and I can see how it's easier, but the only advantage seems to be ease of use rather than being "more permanent". The overall cost is a bit higher, as well.

Just wondering if anyone here has made the full conversion to Dynaplug or some other tire patching method.

I still use both-sometimes the Dynaplugs are too small too stay in the hole, takes two or three of them. Would love to find an inexpensive mushroom plug alternative, though.

Have never plugged a tubeless tire but probably should have the supplies and know-how. Subscribed to this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back