Kumho's American factory is now up and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It opened last week

34.gif

Nice to see more US-made tires
smile.gif

OK-I'm going to say it (even though I PERSONALLY don't care) but somebody will....

BUT THE PROFITS GO BACK TO THE MOTHER LAND!!!

Originally Posted By: CKN
OK-I'm going to say it (even though I PERSONALLY don't care) but somebody will....

...and the profits are manipulated by currency rates!!!! It's not that big of a deal, look at Toyota, nobody is complaining of Toyota profits, especially when they make more American sourced automobiles than say, GM.

Yeah, people say that, but money going to American workers is a good thing.

You should care.

Kumho has come out with some interesting all-season tire designs recently. My casual observation has been that they're doing a lot to update their lineup.

Contrast that to Hankook, which is still selling the same old H727. It's a good tire in some respects, but it is getting long in the tooth.

Giti Tire and Hankook are both building factories in the U.S., also.

More info on the Giti and Hankook factories in this thread:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3428747/New_tire_factory_to_be_built_i

well I'm going to say "no, their profits go to their stock holders.....NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE". Seems to be a difficult concept for some people here. Maybe in 1970 profits went back to the motherland but we are in the internet age. I live in the US and reap profits from Toyota, have been for years.....jeez get with the times.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Kumho has come out with some interesting all-season tire designs recently. My casual observation has been that they're doing a lot to update their lineup.

Contrast that to Hankook, which is still selling the same old H727. It's a good tire in some respects, but it is getting long in the tooth.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3428747/New_tire_factory_to_be_built_i

Yup! Hankook's factory should be ready later this year, and Giti's will open next year.

Also remember that Sumitomo now owns Goodyear's Buffalo factory, and they started making Falken tires there a few months ago.

These are multiple choices, which do you prefer:

1. American company outsource manufacture jobs and import back products to US.

2. Foreign company make products in their home country and import those products to US.

3. Foreign company opens plant in US to make products to sell in US and possibly exports to oversea.

Of these 3 choices I choose number 3 for sure. The only better choice is American company makes products here with American parts to sell here and export some of it to oversea if possible.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

Hankook H727 was very good touring tire 5-7 years ago, but not as good as newer tires. Also, their price went up substantial over the last 4-5 years.

Kumho had some good tires at good price and they have some newer tires at very good price.

I plan to get Kumho Solus TA71 for Volvo V70 next few weeks when AT/DT has Memorial Day sale.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

These are multiple choices, which do you prefer:

1. American company outsource manufacture jobs and import back products to US.

2. Foreign company make products in their home country and import those products to US.

3. Foreign company opens plant in US to make products to sell in US and possibly exports to oversea.

Of these 3 choices I choose number 3 for sure. The only better choice is American company makes products here with American parts to sell here and export some of it to oversea if possible.

4. American company with American plant.

I've heard some really good things about the TA11...people seem to like it!

We're starting to run out of good tires in the 14 inch size, so if not General these would make good tires for my car....

Good. Maybe their Ecsta XS will become more available. Tire Rack is always 2 months back-ordered on it in my size.

I love Kumho's. Best tire for the money imo. The Kumho's for my car are only $50 a piece,run smooth,and last forever. Can't beat that!

My Mazda 6 has a set of Goodyear Eagle Authority tires....rated at 60,000 that currently have 74,000 miles on them. Wear bars are just starting to touch. I was thinking about replacing with Kumho's. When/Where is best time to buy to get best deal?

Profits go to the shareholders. Perhaps you can buy ADR shares and get some of the profits. Profits don't necessarily go back to the home company. Some go to the shareholders. It's a global economy. If you don't own foreign stocks, you may be missing out.

After having Kumho twice, I am safe to say that I will NEVER buy them again!!!
I am not sure whether they included now delivery of Bible, Quran or Torah, but they should in case you need to make a sudden stop in wet. In that way you can have appropriate book to pray.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
After having Kumho twice, I am safe to say that I will NEVER buy them again!!!
I am not sure whether they included now delivery of Bible, Quran or Torah, but they should in case you need to make a sudden stop in wet. In that way you can have appropriate book to pray.

Which ones did you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back