BP DIESEL SUPREME ? WHERE TO GET FOR JOBBER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For many years I used BP ( Standard Oil ) Diesel Supreme. It always worked well in my olds as well as 2 Mercedes diesels !

In recently checking, diesel 2 is listed as a cetane of 40 - 45. BP advertises a starting
diesel supreme cetane rating of a minimum of 47 & up.

So - BP was using a better fuel, plus their own additive package -

The local BP jobber says there are only a few places to pick up true BP Diesel Supreme.

He delivers diesel 2 with other additives, but does not ever call his product Diesel Supreme.

How about if those who know of true BP Diesel Supreme production - tell me where.

I'm in NW Ohio, and I checked at the Lima refinery, and they have none in either their
north or south fuel areas of the Lima refinery.

Check with Toledo refinery? Afaik it's still 50/50 between BP/Husky.... (Husky owns the Lima refinery, which according to their accounts make 25% of the gas sold in OH....)

BP no longer sells their diesel supreme in this part of the country, when they sold the Lima refinery (which is where it was refined) Valero supplied it for a time, but no more. I have four bulk tanks and only buy BP fuel, my supplier can call it BP supreme diesel, but not BP diesel supreme.

They have a bulk station on the pipeline and blend their own additive package.

BP diesel supreme/Amaaco ultimate was an exclusive product to NW OH/eastern IN/SE MI for many years as the Lima refinery had a special process to crack the crude. With the advent of USLD everything had to be redone in the refining process, making it obsolete.

I use Schumacher BP, they are a large distributor here and have always have treated me fair.

---- so they just use diesel 2 with their additive, call is supreme diesel, and sell
it to their (your) jobber and then to you -- right ?

Sounds like CountryMark takes someones #2 diesel and adds enough cetane improver to bring
it up to 50. Do you know who actually refines their base fuel ? They make reference to
CountryMark and non-CountryMark terminals, but not where it comes from - ?

Originally Posted By: NWOHIO
---- so they just use diesel 2 with their additive, call is supreme diesel, and sell
it to their (your) jobber and then to you -- right ?

Not exactly, the fuel distributor adds the additive at the terminal. This is really no different that gasoline, the fuel is a commodity treated to a certain spec. The original BP diesel supreme was a specific product refined at one refinery (for this region) that no longer exists. The distributors can't call it BP diesel supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back