Way too clean intake manifold without removing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is thier anyway, something i can buy in a can, too clean the intake and manifold, without having too remove it? Car in question is a 98 corolla VE model. I am aware of seafoam, berryman, other prodcuts, distilled water, that can be sucked through the EGR valve.
Would spraying seafoam into the throttle body, get into the intake manifld and clean it up? I was watching youtube vids, others using oxygen in propane tanks, burn it out, others removed the manifold, and filled with combustion chamber cleaner, seafoam, other products, and washed it out. I dont wanna go through all that. Something that can be sprayed in via the throttle body...

Yes there are products for induction cleaning as you describe. Seafoam spray, Amsoil power foam, etc or other non aerosol/but liquid products that go in a vacuum line.
Why do u think your intake manifold is dirty? Your throttle body is filthy?

If I were u....sure I would try the sprays but if u actually have a problem... you need to do some manual cleaning.

You can steam clean the inside of the intake manifold it by unhooking the brake booster hose and adding a little bit off water through it at a time with the engine running. If the engine stalls, you'll know right then you added too much water.

You're just sending all that carbon and dirt into the engine - assuming any method of cleaning is actually effective.

Yes, i looked at my throttle body a week ago, it was dirty, blackish, beginnings of caking up. its never been cleaned out, ever.
cool im gunna spray seafoam, or supertech has thier own version of seafoam, and spray it into throttle body;) just beofre an oil change.

Where will all the abrasive dirt go once you wash it off the intake manifold runners walls?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Where will all the abrasive dirt go once you wash it off the intake manifold runners walls?
It magically disappears! Duh!

It wouldn't dare go down into those cylinder walls!

Chances are anything you inject into the airstream will only clean certain areas. It'll vary by the design of the intake.

What would probably work is something that you inject while the engine is off and it expands 20x to touch everything and then it either evaporates off due to solvent content or you remove the spark plugs and crank the engine to get it all out.

No idea what product this would be.

Originally Posted By: ziggy
so...using the brake booster line WILL get the seafoam directly, into the intake manifold?

yup

I was watching youtube vids, others using oxygen in propane tanks,

Why/how do they use oxygen in propane tanks?

Surely it'd be propane in propane tanks? And oxygen in oxygen cylinders/bottles, but its more easily obtained from the air.

If I had to do this, I'd probably use petrol. You'll find it in your petrol tank, which you probably call a gas tank.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
If your intake is "way too clean" then it doesn't need cleaning.

That's what I was thinking.

well, iwas thinking of using something you can buy over the counter, than online. I was under the assumption, the brake booster line isnt always as good as you think. couldnt ijust spray seafoam into the throttle body and let it clean the intake out that way?

well, iwas thinking of using something you can buy over the counter, than online. I was under the assumption, the brake booster line isnt always as good as you think. couldnt ijust spray seafoam into the throttle body and let it clean the intake out that way?

how is the car running right now? Any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back