Latest Castrol 0w30 A3 USA PDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, an informative PDS from Castrol. That crackling sound I hear in the background must be WATER SOLIDIFYING IN HADES.

Huh? for which oil? The 0w30 is 8.3% which is great the 5w30 is 10% which is good too.

Wait what? Castrol posted NOACK numbers???? Holy moly, I hope it will not hail today or sky fall all together on us.
In alls seriousness, that 8.3% on 0W30 is some really good stuff.
And that NOACK of 10% for ACEA A1 oil is really good.

Last edited:
Seems like the specs have somewhat changed for the 0w-30. In previous PDS, pour point was -65C, for example. 40C and 100C viscosity numbers are slightly different also.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Seems like the specs have somewhat changed for the 0w-30. In previous PDS, pour point was -65C, for example. 40C and 100C viscosity numbers are slightly different also.

Yeah, HTHS was 3.58cp, now it is 3.5cp.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

I think they are using cheaper GTL technology just like everyone else instead of giving our engines the group 4 our engines crave.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Disappointing NOACK, and HTHS. Just when people are saying Castrol is stepping up their game.

They still can't get their sums right. Just check out the viscosity indexes in the above posts, in not one of them do the kV40 and kV100 figures "compute" to the VI quoted.
If they can't get this right then what faith can you have in their other figures.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Originally Posted By: edyvw

I think they are using cheaper GTL technology just like everyone else instead of giving our engines the group 4 our engines crave.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic here...

And Edge 5w-50:
http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fusion...BPXE-AA5D5S.pdf

HT/HS visc.: 4.1 cP
Noack: 11.5%

That must be the lowest viscosity 5W-50 on the market.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back