post your latest transmission lubricant change.

1987 Mazda Rx-7

out- gear oil that was sitting in it for the last 15 years at least. just picked the car up from a coworker whos had it in the garage since 2001. put some mobil 1 75-90 in and it seems pretty happy. also have done 3 drain and fills on my dodge 1500 with atf 4 and it seems smooth as any automatic I've been in.

http://imgur.com/a/FCfHi

Last edited:
2008 Hyundai Accent 5 sp.
136k miles
Third change.
Out whatever the Hyundai dealer used when replacing an axle seal at 60k miles. 1.75L

In gently used, filtered Redline MT 85 2L.

MT85 came from my Genesis Coupe with about 5k miles on it.

2010 Saab 9-3

A single drain and fill at 50k, first since I've had the car.

Out: 4 qts. whatever is in there from the factory??

In: 4 qts. Toyota T-IV

Feels good so far...she'd gotten a tad clunky with the shifts and it's smoother now. Whoever designed the transmission dipstick and bolt needs a stern talking to. Spent 25 minutes trying to get that thing back in.

Last edited:
Allison HT740, behind Detroit series 60

Out:dexron III (7 years old) and black
In: 33 quarts warren multi vehicle low viscosity synthetic

Shifts a lot better

2012 BMW X5 8SPEED ZF TRANSMISSION
69K miles on car and trans.
Used zf lifeguard8 fluid.

Car has lived an easy life with mostly highway driving.bmw calls for lifetime and zfor for 50 to 70k milet changes.
Fluid was black glad I changed it. My wife even noticed the difference.

2010 tacoma 4x4
Out...unknown, probably ff
In... Valvoline Syn 75w90 in front and rear diffs, and xfer case. Redline MT90 in 5 speed manual trans.

I usually don't go in for high priced, boutique fluids, but the toyota manual trans are notorious for sticky shifting, so I gave it a go, after all the good reviews of it, and boy, I'm glad I did, it sure makes a huge difference.

2005 Ford Focus (Mazda AT) 121k probably never previously changed -
Pan drop +filter+cooler line flush.

out- dark unknown but didn't smell burnt , in- Valvoline Maxlife- ATF

2001 Toyota Camty 180k previously done at 150k - Drain and fill (transmission and differential).

out- Maxlife ATF (mixed), in -Maxlife ATF

Drained five speed Aisin U151 AT and refilled with 3.6 quarts of Mobil 33009. Do this every spring oil change. ATF stays nice and red. And I used a new,never used OEM 18mm aluminum drain plug gasket torqued to 36 ft.lbs..

2007 BMW X5 with the 4.8L V8 (ZF 6spd trans). 78k miles. Two pan drops. New filter. Used about 11 liters of Pentosin ATF1.

Last edited:
2012 Equinox 2.4. Drained and refilled with Dexron VI, super simple to do. Only 31,500 miles, fluid was black as black could be. Was low on fluid too, drained out 4qts 10oz took 5qts 8ozs to refill. This after being at 2 different Chevy dealers with 2-3 shifting problems. Shifts perfect now. Who'd a thought???

2008 Nissan Sentra
95K Miles
CVT

Changed fluid yesterday (5/15/2016).

I bought some of the Valvoline CVT Fluid at Auto Zone locally. Did a simple drain and fill using the drain plug on the trans pan. Filled 4 qts yesterday, ran the car for a bit and shifted through gears. Level looked OK, but letting wife drive it to work and I figure I'll let everything settle a bit more and check again to be safe. When I drove it yesterday, everything seemed to go smooth as butter
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Cruze Eco with the M32 6-speed manual.

2.5 quarts of Pennzoil Synchromesh. It replaced 2.5 quarts of Amsoil Synchromesh.

sciphi - Any improvement with Pennzoil Synch over the Amsoil? I've got Amsoil in my Crossfire tranny, and it was great for a couple thousand miles, then reverted back to balky shifts.

GMC Canyon today - (4L60e) GM pan filter, Pure One spin on filter, MagnaFilter , 5 qts Castrol Synthetic ATF ... 60k ... Second pan drop but do spin on + 4 qts at 10k OCI ...

Last edited:
2006 Mazda3 4AT
At 256,000 kilometers
Out: Castrol Import MV
In: Petro-Canada DuraDrive MV Synthetic and Lubegard red

2 Weeks ago, I changed out the FF in the MT of my parents' car and to the whole world's surprise, I found a handsome amount of shavings in there.

98 Ford Galaxy 2.3 van with VTX75 (not MTX75) manual transmission.
148,211 Kilometers
Out: FF ATF
In: Shell Spirax S6 TXME 10w-30 (Their XHVI-based UTTO/THF sold in Europe)

Buick La-Sabre, 2005. Transmission starting shifting hard and would go into limp mode. Just had it rebuilt about 80,000 miles ago and I am a fan of Lubegard universal additive, but the lubegard did not fix the hard shifting or limp mode.

Enter Lucas transmission fix , yes I read 100+ testimonials before I added a quart to the transmission...short of it , it stopped the hard shifting and limp mode, that was 2000 miles ago and yes all is well. Also recently did a pan drop, added 7 new quarts of transmission fluid per GM specs and all is still fine, yes added a new filter too. Am happy so far.

Back