Castrol magnatec professional GF 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo all.

Bin looking at the Castrol magnatec professional GF 0w-20 for the family Suzuki.

Looking at the specs, they look pretty good( VI is 208 ) but looking at the approvals, it looks less impressive. It only carries api SN and ILSAC gf5. No ACEA or manufacturers approvals. I can get both valvoline and Mobil1 that carries ACEA and Ford approvals.

Is the Castrol really as lesser good oil then I thought, because of the lack of manufacturers approvals?

Also I found out the Castrol is died green for some reason. I don,t know if I like that. Can th green die give some kind of problems in the engine?

Thanks all
Søren

I don't know if Id run a 20 grade in a Suzuki. They will live with this? Mine didn't like 30 grade!

Castrol/BP is likely a fine choice. Mobil 1 has marketed its way to "consumer imagined" uber=performance.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I don't know if Id run a 20 grade in a Suzuki. They will live with this? Mine didn't like 30 grade!

Castrol/BP is likely a fine choice. Mobil 1 has marketed its way to "consumer imagined" uber=performance.

Suzuki spec 0w-20 for this engine.

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
I thought the old 0w30 GC was the only green Castrol?

Apparently the new " professional " line is also died fluorescent green.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Usually, the professional line does have some OE specifications of some sort. Are you sure there aren't any?

According to the tds it is only API SN and ILSAC GF5

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
It will be ok.

Out of curiosity what is the OCI?

It will be 15000 km/one year

Originally Posted By: shDK

The professional one we have here, in addition to SN/GF-5 also shows Volvo VCC RBS0-2AE. It doesn't list any ACEA specifications, though. It isn't Magnatec, but Edge, too.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: shDK

The professional one we have here, in addition to SN/GF-5 also shows Volvo VCC RBS0-2AE. It doesn't list any ACEA specifications, though. It isn't Magnatec, but Edge, too.

We can get that one too. But here it only Carry the volvo spec. And no SN/GF5

0w-20 is primarily used by US and Asian OEM's - GM, Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc. Typically this grade does not carry ACEA approvals as it is not used to hit Euro performance or extended drain intervals.

Dyes in motor oil will not affect performance. Some oil manufacturers dye their product as a gimmick. Consider ATF which is dyed red to allow the operator to tell the difference between transmission and engine oils if you have a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back