UOA 2010 Fusion Hybrid M1-EP 0w-20 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is posted for user Best F100. He'll check here for updates and questions.

2010 Fusion Hybrid. 80% highway miles. 80 miles round trip to work each day. Averages 46 mpg (higher if driven in moderate temperatures).

The most recent 10,100 interval is Mobil 1 0W20EP, preceded by a 9,700 interval of Mobil 1 0W20 AFE. The intervals before it are Toyota 0W20 API SM (high moly version). The initial ones are Motorcraft 5W20 FULL Synthetic.

The car now has almost 145,000 miles on it. Currently has Pennzoil Ultra 5W20 in it (the coveted low NOACK) version from my stash of 20 quarts. I am turning the car over to my son as a college commuter car.

nealg8.jpg

That looks like an awesome UOA to my untrained eyes.

The Fusion Hybrid is now using a 2.0 engine....are they (it and this 2.5) related. I like this 2.5 Hybrid.

Do these engines run all the time, or is it a start stop type of thing? That iron number is really low!

Originally Posted By: pbm

The Fusion Hybrid is now using a 2.0 engine....are they (it and this 2.5) related. I like this 2.5 Hybrid.

I don't believe they are. The 2L engines are turbocharged (EcoBoost) and are a newer design. This 2.5L engine was new in 2010 and was considered an upgraded version of the earlier Ford 2.3L, 4 cylinder engine.

Nowadays, the 2.5L engine is the base engine in vehicles like the Ford Transit Connect SUV and the current Ford Fusion. The 2.0L engine is the optional engine. The real world difference in mpg and acceleration between the two engines is not significant - in my opinion.

I wish to thank Bandito440 for his efforts in posting my UOA.

I will add that Motorcraft filters were used in all UOA's except for the Mobil 1 0W20EP. A Fram Ultra Synthetic filter was used here. I am not understanding if an uptick in insolubles is of concern, here. Does this mean that the Fram Ultra filter is not as capable in filtering ability as Motorcraft filters?

To the question from BigD1, regarding how often the gas engine is running? In my case, it is over 90% of the time (I have a mostly highway commute). The only time the vehicle is driven by the electric motor is when: A) The car is fully warmed up, B) when driven under 47 mph (until the battery charge level drops) or C) under gentle or moderate acceleration, not hard acceleration.
The battery charge level is replenished when the vehicle under braking conditions.

Believe it or not, I still am on the original brake pads and air filter. The filter is considered "a lifetime" filter.

Originally Posted By: Best F100
Originally Posted By: pbm

I don't believe they are. The 2L engines are turbocharged (EcoBoost) and are a newer design. This 2.5L engine was new in 2010 and was considered an upgraded version of the earlier Ford 2.3L, 4 cylinder engine.

Nowadays, the 2.5L engine is the base engine in vehicles like the Ford Transit Connect SUV and the current Ford Fusion. The 2.0L engine is the optional engine. The real world difference in mpg and acceleration between the two engines is not significant - in my opinion.

I have the 2.5 in my 16' Escape which I believe is the same basic (MZR-Mazda designed) engine as yours....an excellent, durable engine.

i'm not so sure that the latest 2.0 Hybrid uses the Ecoboost engine but even if it does, I believe it's still an MZR derived engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back