Yokohama Geolander G055

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace my sidewall cracking Michelin's with these tires. Going on wife's 2012 Equinox 225/65r17 tire size. Plus they have $60 rebate now. Opinions on these tires please. Will not put Michelins back on, nice ride, great tread wear, but only 31K miles,4yrs-2 months old and they look like they have been out in the desert for 10 years.
Your Thoughts Please.

Nothing wrong with the Geolandar, but there are more affordable options.

You should also consider the Sumitomo HTR Enhance LX, which is also on rebate.

The Hankook Dynapro HT2 has a $100 rebate

I am on my second set of Geolander A/T's on my 4X4 GMC Sierra. Love them. Got 80,000 miles on the first set and cheaper than Michelins.
I had one set of Sumitomo's on a Honda. Will never buy them again. Poor traction and squealed like a banshee when cornering.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have experience with the Yokohama, but here is a review of the G055 that sums it up by saying really good dry traction, and average to below average in wet and snow - http://tirereviewsandmore.com/yokohama-geolandar-g055-reviews/

Tire Rack also had negative things to say about the G055 in wet track testing. I don't know if you get much rain in Southern IL., but the wet braking distances TR got during their test were pretty bad compared to the two other tires tested.

Maybe consider the Cooper SRX, it has really good reviews online and DTD has them for $129 each with a $40 web only savings right now. Also, a review from a 2012 Equinox owner gave the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring an excellent review on the DTD website, and that tire also has the $40 web only savings discount right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back