The Forevermark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the diamond industry chose a "broken" diamond design to represent "forever." The four points of the diamond mark have gaps, so it is not continuous, or forever. There is a pause, four of them actually, in the flow of the shape.

Wedding and engagement rings represent a life together forever because they are continuous, unbroken circles/shapes. So, I wonder why the broken diamond shape was picked by an industry that thrives on the dreams that love is forever.

I asked a retailer at the mall about it today, and two sales associates said they never even notice it.

IMG_4456_zpsq2qxg7pr.jpg

A jeweler told me the reasons diamonds are forever is because of the huge markup on them. Go and try to sell a "used" diamond and you'll get a fraction of what you paid for it while gold or platinum will still hold their value.

Zero need for a diamond wedding ring...
And yes, I can afford it.

The picture you posted looks like a diamond view from above, broken shape give it a 3D appearance.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Zero need for a diamond wedding ring...
And yes, I can afford it.

The picture you posted looks like a diamond view from above, broken shape give it a 3D appearance.

Unless your future wife requests one lol.
smile.gif

Probably more to do with the cubic structure of the diamond crystal, and thus it's "natural" form.

Companies do crazy stuff that doesn't make much sense.

Like CERN...

CERN-logo_outline.jpg

666 and Shiva ???
800px-Shiva%27s_statue_at_CERN_engaging_in_the_Nataraja_dance.jpg

I think mr nice nailed it. And if you just switch to that overhead perspective of a 3d object and not just a 2d flatworld object and the rest of the complaint falls apart.

Reminds me of that crank call who complained about why his car was designed so poorly because it doesn't drive in night mode.

Now try to decipher the Montreal Expos logo which is truly a mystery...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back