Body Panel Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get actual OEM at the wrecking yard.

Aftermarket of any brand or origin often fits with abominable and astonishing imprecision.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

Aftermarket of any brand or origin often fits with abominable and astonishing imprecision.

I would love to, but my main concern is any wrecking yard parts will likely have the same rust issues the current panels have.

I guess I could make a trip down south.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Tegger

I would love to, but my main concern is any wrecking yard parts will likely have the same rust issues the current panels have.

I guess I could make a trip down south.

Try car-part.com and get quotes with shipping from a southern/southwestern yard.

Your link shows rockers, which are weld on. Good luck with junkyard parts there. There are a number of suppliers for these. Since they are weld ons some level of fabrication can be required, especially if the inners are bad. If they are not rusted too badly they may be able to be patched or sectioned with the new parts. At any rate, if you don't plan on doing these yourself, the labor cost will be pretty high. Whatever you end up doing, rustproof the backside.
For bolt on panels, then yes I'd definitely recommend junk yard parts, since they will fit much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back