Ceramic brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the duralast ceramic brake pads any good? They'd be goin on a 1993 f250.

What level of pad are you thinking of using? I have the C-max pads and rotors on my Equinox now and have no complaints.

Probably the gold level, I see they have a max but don't know the difference. And use their rotors and lines. I tow occasionally so I'm looking for something that can handle a bit of weight but won't be overly pricey.

RockAuto has the ACDelco Professional on wholesaler closeout for $10.33. The Raybestos Professional are on wholesaler closeout for $14.63 or $45.89 regular price. Both are the same brakes, and both are semi-metallic. These brakes are rated daily driver.

If you are towing heavy in the mountains, I would definitely buy something with high fade resistance, and you might want to look into Fleet/Truck/Towing/Severe Duty brakes. Wagner Severe Duty are $27.79.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
RockAuto has the ACDelco Professional on wholesaler closeout for $10.33. The Raybestos Professional are on wholesaler closeout for $14.63 or $45.89 regular price. Both are the same brakes, and both are semi-metallic. These brakes are rated daily driver.

If you are towing heavy in the mountains, I would definitely buy something with high fade resistance, and you might want to look into Fleet/Truck/Towing/Severe Duty brakes. Wagner Severe Duty are $27.79.

What would be some good rotors to go with the Wagner pads?

Either the Raybestos Professional Grade, or the Centric 120 series Premium in that order. Raybestos will be cheaper, so that will save some money. You can always buy them local too.

NAPA more than likely stocks severe duty brakes for that truck, or they can get them at no extra cost. Some times NAPA has good prices. Just have to check.

x2 on the Raybestos.
01.gif

I'd throw in the semi-metallics on that F-250. If you get Wagners, make sure the pads fit tight but move smooth in the bracket - I find that Wagners are either dimensionally short or inconsistent.

Duralast pads are made in China or India - probably by a subsidiary of Roulunds. AMECA/FMSI edge code will tell you.

Last edited:
Not all ceramic pads are created equal. If you need stopping power for towing, heavy loads, etc, I would go with semi metallic. Duralast are fine for normal driving

Those made in India Roulunds can't be all that bad because they do make original equipment pads for Volvo that I do know about. I know his truck is American made, but European car pads will have the ECE R90 spec printed on them which is pretty stringent testing from what I read.

I did see a set of Motorcraft SuperDuty for $44.99 on RockAuto. Bendix and Raybestos severe duty are about the same price. Probably get what you pay for with those pads.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Those made in India Roulunds can't be all that bad because they do make original equipment pads for Volvo that I do know about. I know his truck is American made, but European car pads will have the ECE R90 spec printed on them which is pretty stringent testing from what I read.

I did see a set of Motorcraft SuperDuty for $44.99 on RockAuto. Bendix and Raybestos severe duty are about the same price. Probably get what you pay for with those pads.

Would my 1993 be considered a super duty?

Not sure about that. You could check the Motorcraft website catalog to be sure, and call RockAuto to confirm. F250 is a pretty big truck that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: bigdom

Not sure what you are looking at or what I had, but I had some duralast ceramics with the lifetime warranty and I can tell you 1 thing about those pads.....they will last a lifetime. I put 100k miles on them and there was no noticeable reduction in pad when they came off. I wanted them off because I wanted pads that would wear and possibly stop better.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: bigdom

Not sure what you are looking at or what I had, but I had some duralast ceramics with the lifetime warranty and I can tell you 1 thing about those pads.....they will last a lifetime. I put 100k miles on them and there was no noticeable reduction in pad when they came off. I wanted them off because I wanted pads that would wear and possibly stop better.

The other great thing about Duralast brake pads is that they usually cost less than other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back