Wax for silver car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody have a recommendation as to a wax or sealant that will make the silver paint on my 86 Regal pop?

Wax doesn't make your paint pop. Typically the pop on your paint is how good the underlying paint prep is.

So if you haven't clayed or done scratch removal, polish,etc; no wax is going to drastically make a huge difference compared to any other wax.

Usually it's more of a durability thing which after awhile which wax is more durable or still looks good rather than a huge difference.

My car is silver, but it is only 9 years old.

Here is what I do

Clay every two years
Wax with Meguires Cleaner Wax
Wait one day and then spray on a coat of Meguires Spray Quick Wax

The paint looks alive! Depth and incredible gloss

Spray wax every 5-6 weeks

Originally Posted By: walterjay

Here is what I do

Clay every two years

My S2000 and E430 are silver too.

Here is what I do: Eagle One Wax as You Dry once a year. Some years I was a little motivated I applied Wax as You Dry two times in 1 year.

I have few bottles liquid wax but never had a chance to use any.

Originally Posted By: walterjay

Here is what I do

Clay every two years

Id apply Ultimate liquid wax it will last much longer and can use the quick quick wax as a booster.

I was looking for something to make the clear coat pop like it was wet vs. just shine. Meguiars NXT 2.0 did that for me on my white 71 Skylark but it does not seed to do it as well with silver.

Last edited:
Silver will never pop. I don't like to wax every month so I use a quality sealant (wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0) and apply every 4 months.

On my Silver Subaru and light tan Toyota I use Collinite 476 as well. Typically wax the cars twice a year (spring & fall) and use either Eagle Wax as you Dry or Griot's Spray wax every other car wash. Both of the cars sparkle in just about any light, but then again I have been washing and waxing them both since they were new.

Originally Posted By: wn1998
Silver will never pop. I don't like to wax every month so I use a quality sealant (wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0) and apply every 4 months.

I disagree. Some silvers can pop. Here is one I think stands out....Orion Silver by House of Kolor

001-Copy2-1.jpg

That silver "pops" because it's a custom color. I thought we were talking stock factory auto paint. That paint job in the photo you posted is probably in excess of $12,000 so of course its going to look great!

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: wn1998

I disagree. Some silvers can pop. Here is one I think stands out....Orion Silver by House of Kolor

001-Copy2-1.jpg

The subject in the picture instantly Hypnotizes the viewer and makes everything in the "Land of Dream Cars" beautiful!

As mentioned...preparation is what makes a color pop be it silver, white, or whatever. A simple wax may make it look a little better but there is much more to it than that. The surface must be pristine to accomplish the best look.

Here is white pearl on a cloudy day simply machine polished with no wax or sealant whatsoever. I polished the entire car the same day I drove it home from the dealer. After the final coat of sealant it was outstanding but I have no pictures of that.

220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back