Land Cruiser stuck in mud, rescued by hemi Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that I'm currently in love with the Cherokee SRTs after one "cut me off" on the highway the other day, and I didn't even come close to hitting him as he powered away beautiful exhaust note and all.

Vid's not an SRT, but it IS a hemi Jeep, and just up the road, Zig-Zag is less than 10 miles from here.

I would like to see the land cruiser have a go with Diff-Lockers.

But yeah, those Hemi V8 Jeeps are very nice.

Originally Posted By: SR5

Me too! I suspect the main problem was the Cruiser had rubbish tyres on it... The Jeep did well though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SR5

But yeah, those Hemi V8 Jeeps are very nice.

I have a Lokka in my Jeep - works great! But that land cruiser needs actual tires...

My best friend is a plumber who spends 90% of his time in a work van (benz) putting on a lot of miles each year as he bounces all around the area. He has a bad habit of buying new cars/truck and trading in with 10k miles and sometimes less.

About 4 months ago he got the SVT black with red calipers. Looks pretty darn good. I'm no Jeep fan but this vehicle is very impressive. Interior is nice and it sure does move!! Sounds well tuned.

No locker, bad tires and bad driver= equal stuck in what amounts to an over grown mud puddle.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
No locker, bad tires and bad driver= equal stuck in what amounts to an over grown mud puddle.

There you have it. I was typing the same.

Does pulling from solid ground count?

Seems the tires on either werent really up for the task. Had the Jeep not had the front axle on solid surfaces, it too might have stayed stuck...

Some of those jeeps can really do some work. The quadra drive 2 system offers e-locking diffs front and rear in the WK jeep (which that is). No idea if they have that or not, but its a very capable system.

But yea tires help also haha.

I honestly think he was trying to get stuck. Either that or he has no idea how to drive off-road. You have to have momentum, pick up speed before the slimy mud, not pin it while in the mud and start out slow in it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I honestly think he was trying to get stuck. Either that or he has no idea how to drive off-road. You have to have momentum, pick up speed before the slimy mud, not pin it while in the mud and start out slow in it.

I am sort of with you on this, but do not overestimate drunk people.

Maybe wrong mode of 4wd. My awd mdx would shoot power to both rear wheels in a situation like that as the Awd is smart. I wonder if in wrong mode or stupid part time 4wd that sends power to one wheel or other.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Maybe wrong mode of 4wd. My awd mdx would shoot power to both rear wheels in a situation like that as the Awd is smart. I wonder if in wrong mode or stupid part time 4wd that sends power to one wheel or other.

I'm sure the other rear tire was spinning, it must've had open diffs and it sounded like an inexperienced lady driving too.
With open diffs in 4 low I'll drag the brakes to get power to the wheels on the ground from the wheels in the air, or anytime in the mud when I think the truck might start to do a 2 wheel peel so I don't lose momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back