Cut Open: Nissan OEM, Bosch D3300 & Mobil M1-110

Status
Not open for further replies.
The edge around bypass valve on this particular Nissan OEM does look a little rugged, but it doesn't look like a bit of metal can break away.

In Northern NJ regular pricing before tax for the 3 was as follows:
Nissan OEM: $9.81 at Infiniti Dealership
Bosch D3300: $11.97 at Walmart
Mobil M1-110: $12.99 at AutoZone

PErGXRy.jpg

IMO M1 filters are over priced for what they are. Fram Ultras are much better filters and less expensive. For $12.99 you can get an Amsoil or RP at that price or a little more and are better filters.

Originally Posted By: davison0976
The edge around bypass valve on this particular Nissan OEM does look a little rugged, but it doesn't look like a bit of metal can break away.

In Northern NJ regular pricing before tax for the 3 was as follows:
Nissan OEM: $9.81 at Infiniti Dealership
Bosch D3300: $11.97 at Walmart
Mobil M1-110: $12.99 at AutoZone

One more to consider:
Napa Platinum 47356: $8.99 at Napa this month

Great comparison between the filters.

No bad choices in the bunch.

I like the Bosch Distance Plus a lot and have been using them on my son's Mazdas lately.

When you find them on sale, buy them.

Originally Posted By: deven
IMO M1 filters are over priced for what they are. Fram Ultras are much better filters and less expensive. For $12.99 you can get an Amsoil or RP at that price or a little more and are better filters.

I agree.

I bought several Fram Ultra filters for S2000 and Accord last years when Pep Boys had 35% off coupon. It's hard to beat Ultra at $6.50/ea

Bosch D+ oil filters are not expensive for some people. Found this at my WM. AC in one box, Fram EG in another. When checking out the clerks just scan the boxes. I returned one ST filter also, clerk scanned box never looked inside. I could have had my cut open or used one inside. I mentioned something about the switching to the clerk, he said "I don't doubt it" and kept working. I put the two filters on the shelf, they had been in with the D+'s which are on the bottom shelf. I also saw my old friend the lone Fram Ultra XG4386 box with the EG still inside it. I have taken it out of the box three times now and left it out, over a span of probably three months. The stockers must put it back in the Ultra box. It still is the only XG4386 box on the shelf.

oil%20filter%20switch_zpsmxpbnf7y.jpg

Crooks at Walmart with a high degree of filter knowledge because they go for the good stuff apparently, but want it cheaper still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back